Mass Spectrometry Course GMS BI 793
Mass Spectrometry, Proteomics, and Functional Genomics–Spring, 2015
The course will begin on the Medical Campus January 20, 2015.
The course meets Tuesdays from 3-4:50pm in BUSM, 670 Albany St. Rm. 108 – Campus Map
The lecture handout will be posted the day before each lecture. Please download and print the handout before the lecture. Make sure you are downloading the 2015 version of the material.
For registered students, there will be a weekly problem set and a final paper.
Final paper instructions: Due May 8, 2015
Please fill out the participant profile and bring it with you to the first lecture. BI-793 Student Profile 2015
The lecture content is password protected. Please contact one of the instructors for access.
The links to the lectures are given below (content will be updated the day before the lecture in the spring term):
- Lecture 2: Mass Spectrometry Fundamentals, Jan. 27, 2015 (CL)
- Lecture 3: Ionization methods: MALDI & ESI, Feb. 3, 2015 (CL)
- Lecture 4: Mass analyzers, Feb. 10, 2015 (CL)
- Lecture 5: Peptides and Proteins, Feb. 17, 2015 (JZ)
- Lecture 6: Proteomics and Databases, Feb. 24, 2015 (MEM)
- Lecture 6a: Lab demonstration, MSn, database searching, March 3, 2015 (MEM)
No Class, March 10, 2015, Spring Break
- Lecture 7: Noncovalent Complexes, March 17, 2015 (MEM)
- Lecture 8: Affinity Methods, March 24, 2015 (JZ)
- Lecture 9: Carbohydrates, March 31, 2015 (JZ)
- Lecture 10: Lipids, Glycicinjugates, April 7, 2015 (CEC)
- Lecture 11: Nucleic Acids, April 14, 2015 (BW)
- Lecture 12: Medical Applications of MS, April 21, 2015 (CEC
- Lecture 13: MS in Biomarker development and tissue imaging, April 28, 2015 (JZ)