Below we have listed some recent projects that students have been able to undertake in our lab under the supervision of Dr. McNamara.
- Abrams, E., & McNamara, P. (2009). Overgeneral memories are more frequent after REM than NREM sleep awakenings. Poster presented October 16, 2009 at the UROP Symposium at Boston University, Boston, MA.
- Beauharnais, C., & McNamara, P. (2008). Emotional memory processing in REM and NREM sleep states. Poster presented October 17, 2008 at the UROP Symposium at Boston University, Boston, MA.
- McNamara, P., Ayala, R., Minsky, A. (2014). REM sleep, dreams, and attachment themes across a single night of sleep: A pilot study. Dreaming, 24(4), 290-308.
- McNamara, P., Kookoolis, A., Warwick, N., & Van Doren, V. (2008). The human ecology of sleep: cross-cultural co-sleeping and childcare patterns. Poster presented April 8, 2008 at the 77th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists, Columbus, OH.
- Patricia Johnson- Johnson, P., & McNamara, P. (2007). Access to social action scripts in Parkinson’s Disease: Relation to side of onset. Poster presented October 19, 2007 at the UROP Symposium at Boston University, Boston, MA.
- Sarah Varghese- McNamara, P., Varghese, S., Harris, E., & Durso, R. (2007). Distressing dreams and nightmares in non-demented Parkinsonian patients is associated with reduced slow wave sleep and frontal dysfunction. Poster presented June 12, 2007 at the 21st Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies, LLC.
- Manish Ramani- McNamara, P., Ramani, M., Harris, E., & Durso, R. (2007). Emotion recognition and theory of mind abilities in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Poster presented March 2, 2007 at The New England Science Symposium, Boston, MA.
- Patricia Johnson and Jocelyn Sarmiento- McNamara, P., Durso, R., Harris, E., Johnson, P., & Sarmiento, J. (2007). Procedural and conversational discourse skills in Parkinson’s disease: Relation to side of onset. Poster presented May 1, 2007 at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, Boston, MA.
- Noelle Ebel- Sleep Spindle Activity in Non-REM and Its Relation to Procedural Memory in Parkinson’s Disease, 2007
- Manish Ramani- Theory of Mind Impairments in Patients with Parkinson’s Disease: Relation to Frontal Function, 2007
- Priti Nath- Personality in Parkinson’s Disease, 2005
- Justin Gan- The Relationship of Sleep States to Suicide, 2003
- Emily Benson- Pain in Memory, 2002
McNamara, P., Benson, E., McGeeney, B., Brown, A., & Albert, M. (2005). Modes of remembering in patients with chronic pain: Relation to current pain. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 193(1), 53-57.
- Jayme Dowdall- REM Sleep and Attachment, 2001McNamara, P., Dowdall, J., & Auerbach, S. (2002). REM sleep, early experience, and the development of reproductive strategies. Human Nature, 13(4), 405-435.
- Jayme Dowdall- REM Sleep and Attachment, 2001