Research in Addiction Medicine Scholars (RAMS) Program Application
Please submit the following items to complete your RAM Scholar application:
(1) Your curriculum vitae (CV)
(2) A personal statement (of up to 600 words total) which includes:
a.) A statement describing your motivation and goals for participation in the RAMS Program. Relate your interest in addiction medicine and research to your previous training, Fellowship plans, your career aspirations, and how you will apply the knowledge gained through your research in the RAMS Program.
b.) A description of a research project that incorporates addiction medicine and that you plan to undertake during your fellowship. This description should include the project aims, research question, methods, and potential implications.
(3) A letter of nomination from your Fellowship Program Director, detailing the percentage of time in fellowship dedicated to research, and
(4) A letter of support from a mentor: a faculty member who will assist in incorporating addiction issues into clinical research. Note: If your Fellowship Program Director is also your mentor, please have this stated in just one letter.
(5) Certificate(s) of completion of human subject research training. If you do not have this at time of application, upon admission you will be required to take a training prior to the Boston Retreat.
Additional application materials can be submitted: Danna Gobel, Program Manager, 801 Massachusetts Ave, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02118 Phone: (617)414-6946; Fax: (617)414-4676
Please Note: The RAMS Program is funded by a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). You will be asked to complete several surveys, which we will send to you. Your survey will not be available to program applicant reviewers and will not influence whether or not you are accepted.