TranSComm Offers 20+ Discounts, Services and Programs
TranSComm (Transportation Solutions for Commuters) provides services and programs to assist with the transportation needs of the Medical Campus community. Their programs promote alternatives to driving alone, reducing traffic congestion and air pollution and enhancing accessibility in and around the Campus. The office has been helping students, employees, patients, and visitors with their transportation needs since 1991.
Some of the discounts, services and programs they offer include:
- BU employee MBTA subsidized T-pass program
- BU student semester (fall and spring) discounted MBTA pass
- Blank Charlie Cards available to load
- Guaranteed Ride Home for faculty/staff MBTA pass holders in emergency situations
- Carpool/Vanpool: Preferential parking before 11 a.m. in the 610 Garage (must have 610 Garage access)
- Hybrid: Preferential parking before 11 a.m. in the 610 Garage (must have 610 Garage access)
- Electric vehicle charging stations: Eight spaces in 710 Garage and four spaces in 610 Garage
- Ride matching: Assistance with finding carpool partner(s)
- Zipcar: Discounted membership
- Bike cage and rack access: Located throughout campus, including two secure cages (behind 710 Garage and next to E. Newton Pavilion), $20 for 12 month period
- Hubway: Discounted membership, $37.50
- Motorized Scooter & Vespa parking: $20 parking for 12 months. Can park in bike cage if electric, 610 Garage if gas
- Three bike maintenance stands and multiple bike pumps in bike cages
- Discounted bike helmets: $5 Bell bike helmets for adults and children
- Bike maintenance and safetyworkshops
Miscellaneous Services and Information
- Individualized commute assistance: Help with mapping out the best route for you
- Free South End campus walks: Learn history and fun facts through Walk Boston
- Free lending programs for umbrellas, books and bike locks
- BU shuttle Lost & Found
- Schedules, maps and routes: MBTA, HealthNet, VA, BU BUS, inner campus and evening shuttles, bike route and bike parking maps, campus maps
“TranSComm is currently partnering with Zipcar, Vision Zero and MassCommute to promote safe, green commuting for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians,” says Michelle Tse, TranSComm’s Operations Manager. Michelle and her team are also available to present at campus events such as wellness fairs and orientation meetings.
If you have questions or suggestions, contact TranSComm:
710 Albany St.
Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.