Below are a few individual-level actions that members of the BUMC community can do to reduce their impact on the environment.
- Order items with recycled materials when the option is available.
- Recycle paper and office waste (the committee can assist the department with its recycling program)
- Use a re-useable coffee mug or water bottle.
- Turn off appliances that are not used after business hours, such as microwave ovens, coffee makers and printers, when leaving the office ‘at night’.
- Turn off the lights when leaving the office ‘at night’.
- Turn off your computer monitor when leaving the office ‘at night’.