MD Student Checklist
- Be sure that you have a primary care physician in Boston. Get a list of providers from your insurance or by going to the BMC website –click on “Find a Doctor” and look under Internal Medicine or Family Medicine for a provider.
- Stay informed. Please review the BUMC COVID-19 website, and check back often for updates, as things change quickly.
- Update your contact information in the student database – specifically, phone numbers as well as home address.
- Read all BUSM emails and, if relevant, respond promptly.
- At the present time, there are no changes to any medical student clinical experiences. Students should continue to report for their hospital rotations or office-based locations as assigned. Students should not provide direct care to patients with presumptive or confirmed COVID-19 at any clinical site. If there are any such patients, they will be identified by the hospital where you are rotating, and will be appropriately isolated. The priority is not just to minimize exposure to you, but also to preserve Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare providers who must provide direct patient care. Please do not take N95 respirators from medical sites.
- Notify the Student Affairs Office of any travel – rotations or personal – by this brief form. If self-quarantine becomes necessary, we can help you with arrangements.