[Boston University does not endorse any companies and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of housing listings available via the links below. Contact with persons and companies listed herein are conducted at your own risk.]
Office of Housing Resources (B.U. Medical Campus)
Office of Housing Resources at B.U. Medical Campus assists B.U. Medical Campus students with finding a place to live in the Boston and surrounding areas. It is a good place to start your search for housing. See short term housing on their site.
B.U. Off-Campus Services
B.U. Off-Campus Services maintains listings of available apartments and sublets in the greater Boston area. You will also find information about tenant rights and responsibilities, neighborhood descriptions, definitions of common rental terms, considerations before signing a lease, and more. You may access the BU Off-Campus Services as a guest for 30 days to review listings. You will not have access to the Roommate Finder, that is for only registered students. Visit Guest Registration for access.
Short-Term Housing Options
- RotatingRoom.com is a student-run website that helps medical students find and post sublets while doing away rotations at hospitals around the country.
- Short Term Rentals Boston. STRB provides short-term furnished rentals in the city of Boston. The following option is within walking distance to BUMC: STRB Quarters™ on Broadway.
- Sublet.com provides a global marketplace where tenants and landlords can match their rental housing needs.
- airbnb is community marketplace for people to list and book unique accommodations worldwide.
- roommateconnection is a roommate referral agency.
- Suffolk University offers summer housing to students in the West Street building, near Downtown Crossing. Visit Summer Housing.
A homestay is a stay at a residence by a traveler (usually a visiting foreign student) who is hosted by a local family for one to six months. The student usually has his/her own bedroom, private or shared bathroom, and access to a kitchen. Homestays are often less expensive than other housing options, but they are often less private.