Medical Student Summer Research Program (BUSM I)
Medical Student Summer Research Program (MSSRP) offers up to 30 competitive $2,750 scholarships to first-year Boston University medical students to complete an 8-week research project with a BUMC faculty member during the summer. Research projects MUST BE conducted with a BUMC faculty member. This scholarship does not support projects outside of BUMC.
In order to receive an scholarship, you must be in good academic standing and eligible for promotion to the second year; this means no Fail or Incomplete grades, and a maximum of two Marginal Pass grades. Questions regarding the program may be directed to Ana Bediako, The Office of Enrichment, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for summer 2014 applications: March 21, 2014. The application will be available on this site in January, 2014.
Resources for Medical Students to Find and Develop a Research Project
Begin here: Research Networking: Best Practices for Finding a Research Focus & Mentor to understand the process of finding a project and mentor.
- Resources to Find Research Projects/Mentors at BUMC:
- BU Profiles (Clinical and Translational Science Institute (BU CTSI)). Locate researchers by subject matter keyword, last name, institution, department, etc.
- Healthcare Opportunities for Medical Students (maintained by the Office of Enrichment). View ‘Research Opportunities at BUMC’
- BUMC Clinical Researcher Search (Office of Clinical Research). You may search by B.U. faculty name or research keyword.
- Research Resources at BUMC Research website
- BUMC Research Expertise Search Portal
- List of BUSM departments conducting research
- Successful Proposals by Students:
- Poster Presentations by Students: