- Title Research Associate Professor
- Education B. Sc. Peking University, Beijing, China
Ph. D. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Office 670 Albany St. 5th Floor
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 617-358-2428
- Area of Interest FTICR MS, glycomics, proteomics, PTM characterization
Our research focuses on the development of an integrated analytical and bioinformatics approach for high-throughput de novo glycan sequencing. We utilize electron activated dissociation (ExD) methods, such as electronic excitation dissociation (EED) and negative electron transfer dissociation (NETD), to generate structurally informative tandem mass spectra, both off-line and on-line with various glycan separation methods, including high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) for characterization of complex glycan mixtures. We also carry out theoretical studies of the glycan ExD fragmentation processes, and collaborate with bioinformaticians to develop software tools for spectral interpretation and structural determination.
Derek Christian Martinez Research Technician
Yongting Chen Undergraduate Student
Xiaoyu Zhang Undergraduate Student
- Accurate Identification of Isomeric Glycans by Trapped Ion Mobility Spectrometry-Electronic Excitation Dissociation Tandem Mass Spectrometry. J. Wei, Y. Tang, M. E. Ridgeway, M. A. Park, C. E. Costello, and C. Lin Anal. Chem. 2020, 92, 13211-13220.
- Towards Automatic and Comprehensive Glycan Characterization by On-line PGC-LC-EED MS/MS. Wei, Y. Tang, Y. Bai, J. Zaia, C. E. Costello, P. Hong, and C. Lin Anal. Chem. 2020, 92, 782-791.
- A Flexible and Multifunctional Metal–Organic Framework as a Matrix for Analysis of Small Molecules Using Laser Desorption/Ionization Mass Spectrometry. W. Ma, S. Xu, W. Ai, C. Lin, Y. Bai, and H. Liu Chem. Commun. 2019, 55, 6898-6901.
- Sequencing Heparan Sulfate Using HILIC LC-NETD-MS/MS. J. Wu, J. Wei, P. Chopra, G.-J. Boons, C. Lin, and J. Zaia Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 11738-11746.
- Characterization and Quantification of highly Sulfated Glycosaminaoglycan Isomers by Gated-Trapped Ion Mobility Spectrometry Negative Electron Transfer Dissociation MS/MS. J. Wei, J. Wu, Y. Tang, M. E. Ridgeway, M. A. Park, C. E. Costello, J. Zaia, and C. Lin Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 2994-3001.
- Characterization of Isomeric Glycans by Reversed Phase Liquid Chromatography-Electronic Excitation Dissociation Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Y. Tang, J. Wei, C. E. Costello, and C. Lin J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 2018, 29, 1295-1307.
- De Novo Glycan Sequencing by Electronic Excitation Dissociation and Fixed-Charge Derivatization. Y. Tang, Y. Pu, J. Gao, P. Hong, C. E. Costello, and C. Lin Anal. Chem. 2018, 90, 3793-3801.
- GlycoDeNovo – an Efficient Algorithm for Accurate de novo Glycan Topology Reconstruction from Tandem Mass Spectra. P. Hong, H. Sun, L. Sha, Y. Pu, K. Khatri, X. Yu, Y. Tang, and C. Lin J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 2017, 28, 2288-2301.
- Separation and Identification of Isomeric Glycans by Selected Accumulation-Trapped Ion Mobility Spectrometry-Electron Activated Dissociation Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Y. Pu, M. E. Ridgeway, R. S. Glaskin, M. A. Park, C. E. Costello, and C. Lin Anal. Chem. 2016, 88(7), 3440-3443.
- S- to N-Palmitoyl Transfer during Proteomic Sample Preparation. Y. Ji, M. M. Bachschmid, C. E. Costello, and C. Lin J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 2016, 27(4), 677-685.
Complete list can be found at BU Profiles