1/17 Crosstown Early Morning Electrical Shutdown
Beginning Thursday morning, Jan. 17, at 12:01 a.m., electrical power will be shut off throughout the entire Crosstown Building (801 Mass. Ave) and will be off through 6 a.m. This work is necessary to replace the 600 amp breaker.
• Whole building electrical power, BU’s 4th Floor Data Center, Air Handling Units, Boilers, Condenser Water Loops
What does this mean
• All lights and power outlets will be down.
• Electrified doors will default to fail-safe or fail-secure.
How to prepare
• Power down IT equipment or other equipment Wednesday night, Jan. 16, prior to the electrical shutdown.
Keep in mind
• The shutdown of the air handling units, boilers, condenser water loops, etc., that provide heating and cooling to spaces should not be noticed since this will occur during overnight hours when the building is not occupied; these units are typically not running when the building is unoccupied and only power up when the temperature drops or reaches a certain level.
Call Control at 617-638-4144.