Peer-to-Peer Faculty Writing Groups
- Accelerate proposal development process
- Increase number of opportunities to receive feedback from peers, collaborators, and senior faculty, as well as NIH program officers
- Increase number of grant submissions from BUSM
- Strengthen grant-writing skills of participants
- Build collaborations and support network of peers and mentors
PILOT GROUP: Facts & Figures
- Met May 2018-July 2019, every other week for 2-3 hrs
- ESL Faculty: 5
- Funded R grants: 4
- R21: Score went from 40 to 27
- R01: Score went from 64 (50%) to 25 (7%)
- R56: Awarded; submitted the following year and funded as an R01
- R01: 32 (19%)
- Total submitted R grants: 9, with 4 reviewed by senior faculty before submission
- New collaborative projects: 3
READY TO JOIN?
Junior faculty submitting R01 grants in October 2020 or February 2021 are encouraged to apply. Sessions meet every other week and last for approximately 1.5-2 hrs. If you are ready to make this commitment, please submit a draft of your Specific Aims page, the names of 2-3 preferred senior faculty mentors, and your intended submission date.
****To be eligible, you must submit your proposals through BUSM. For proposals that must be submitted through BMC, please reach out to Jennifer Fleming, Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants at BMC Office of Development.****
Group Moderators or Faculty Coaches are needed to help guide junior faculty participants in workshops and chalk talks. Moderators or Coaches may not necessarily have the
Internal Reviewers are needed to provide valuable critique and feedback to junior faculty on proposal drafts. We are seeking faculty researchers who fit with a junior faculty participant’s research field and are available to offer scientific guidance.