– working on analyzing endophenotypes relating to Alzheimer’s Disease. In particular, he is interested in investigating neuroimaging phenotypes and also biomarkers that may be concordant in other neurodegenerative diseases
Dr. Lindsay Farrer’s Lab, Biomedical Genetics
Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Boston University, Boston, MA (2015- present)
M.S. in Bioinformatics, Boston University, Boston, MA (2014)
B.S. in Biopsychology, Tufts University, Medford, MA (2012)
Genetics and genomics of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dissecting the SMAD4 Metastasis Suppressor Complex to Identify Novel Prognostic Biomarkers and therapeutic targets in colon cancer
- Identification of miRNA biomarkers for early diagnosis and therapy of basal-like breast cancer
- Nanoparticles directed to IL13RA2 for targeted therapy of basal-like breast cancer
Honors and Awards
2016 – 2018 Susan G. Komen Mentoring and Training in Cancer Health Disparities (MATCH) Fellowship, Boston University
2016 – 2017 BUnano Cross-Disciplinary Fellowship, Boston University
2015 – 2016 Cross-Disciplinary Training in Nanotechnology for Cancer Fellowship, Boston University
1. Laroche FJF, Sheng L, Nguyen G, Yu W, Hwang SK, Wong CK, Tilton R, Tamplin O, Liu C, Singh A, Ganem NJ, Thiagalingham, S, and Feng H (2017) Threonine 236 Phosphorylation of S1P1 Promotes Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Aggressiveness and Sensitivity to FTY720. Manuscript in preparation.
2. Ozturk S, Wong CK, Papageorgis P, Lambert AW, Abdolmaleky HM, Thiagalingam A, Cohen HT, and Thiagalingam S (2016) SDPR functions as a metastasis suppressor in breast cancer by promoting apoptosis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 113(3): 638-43.
3. Lambert AW, Wong CK, Ozturk S, Papageorgis P, Raghunathan R, Alekseyev Y, Gower AC, Reinhard BM, Abdolmaleky HM, and Thiagalingam S (2016) Periostin regulates cytokine production to maintain breast cancer stem cells. Molecular Cancer Research. 14(1): 103-13.
4. Papageorgis P, Ozturk S, Lambert AW, Neophytou CM, Tzatsos A, Wong CK, Thiagalingam S, and Constantinou AI (2015) Targeting IL13RA2 activates STAT6-TP63 pathway to suppress breast cancer lung metastasis. Breast Cancer Research. 17(98).
5. Lambert AW, Ozturk S, Wong CK, Papageorgis P, and Thiagalingam S. “Breast Cancer”. Systems Biology of Cancer, Ed. Thiagalingam S. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 2015. 345-60
6. Ozturk S, Lambert AW, Wong CK, Papageorgis P, and Thiagalingam S. “Cancer Metastasis”. Systems Biology of Cancer. Ed. Thiagalingam S. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 2015. 282-94.
7. Li W, Kuzoff R, Wong CK, Tucker A, and Lynch M (2014) Characterization of newly gained introns in Daphnia populations. Genome Biology and Evolution. 6(9): 2218-34
8. Abdolmaleky HM, Nohesara S, Ghadirivasfi M, Lambert AW, Ozturk S, Wong CK, Shafa R, and Thiagalingam S (2013) DNA hypermethylation of serotonin transporter gene promoter in drug naïve patients with schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research. 152(2-3): 373-80.
2017 Minority and International Scientists Organization – Creative Director
2014 – 2017 Biomedical Genetics Section, BUSM – Student Representative
2013 Graduate Medical Sciences, BUSM – Course Tutor
Ph.D in Genetics and Genomics, Boston University School of Medicine (2015-present)
B.S. Pharmacology, Sichuan University, West China School of Pharmacy
M.S. in Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Biomedical Sciences
Use machine learning methods to understand the potential environmental factors that could contribute to drug cessation, furthermore, I’m working on combining the human genetic data with featured environmental factors to evaluate drug cessation outcome. In the end, mouse model and RNA-seq analysis will be used to find the converging evidence between mouse and human.
She is interested in using bioinformatics tools to understand addiction. Her project involves in interpreting and translating the genetic inherited information from mouse addictive traits and human population. Jiayi finished her TTPAS training program focusing on addiction research in December 2016.
- Stacey L. Kirkpatrick, Lisa R. Goldberg, Neema Yazdani, R. Keith Babbs, Jiayi Wu, Eric R. Reed, David F. Jenkins, Amanda Bolgioni, Kelsey I. Landaverde, Kimberly P. Luttik, Karen S. Mitchell, Vivek Kumar, W. Evan Johnson, Megan K. Mulligan, Pietro Cottone, Camron D. Bryant. Cytoplasmic FMR1-Interacting Protein 2 is a Major Genetic Factor Underlying Binge Eating. Biological Psychiatry, 2016; DOI: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.10.021
- Jiayi Wu, Devanshi Patel, Jaeyoon Chung, Samantha Lent, Virginia Fisher, Achilleas Pitsillides, Lindsay Farrer, Xiaoling Zhang.(Submitted) An Efficient Analytic Approach in Genome-wide Identification of Methylation Quantitative Trait Loci Response to Fenofibrate Treatment. GAW20.