Theresa W. Kim, MD
Dr. Kim is an Assistant Professor in GIM at BUSM and Co-Investigator on an NIH grant and Associate Medical Director of the SAMHSA-funded Massachusetts Screenin, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (MASBIRT) Program. As a CARE Fellow Dr. Kim conducted research on the unique needs of HIV-infected homeless persons and primary care quality and addiction severity. During her fellowship she applied for and received an NIH Loan Repayment Program Award.
Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine
Residency: Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, MA
Additional Pre-Fellowship Training and Experience:
- Attending Physician, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, Boston, MA
Fellowship Mentor: Jeffrey H. Samet, MD, MA, MPH
- Unique needs of HIV-infected homeless persons.
- Methadone maintenance therapy and bone health
- Primary care quality and addiction severity
Fellowship Related Publications:
- Kim, T. W., Palepu, A., Cheng, D. M., Libman, H., Saitz, R. and Samet, J. H. Factors associated with discontinuation of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients with alcohol problems. AIDS Care. 2007;19(8):1039–1047.
- Kim TW, Samet JH, Cheng DM, Winter M, Safran DG, Saitz R. Primary care quality and addiction severity: a prospective cohort study. Health Services Research. 2007;42:755-772.
- Kim TW, Kertesz SG, Horton NJ, Tibbets N, Samet JH. Episodic homelessness and utilization in a cohort of HIV-infected individuals with alcohol problems. Biomedical Central: Health Services. 2006;6:19.
- Kim TW, Alford D, Malabanan AO, Holick MF, Samet JH. Low bone density in patients receiving methadone maintenance treatment. Drug Alc Depend. 2006; 85:258-262.
- Assistant Professor, Section General Internal Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine
- Attending Physician (HIV/AIDS Program, Woods-Mullen Shelter), Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Associate Medical Director, Massachusetts Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (MASBIRT) Program