Analytical Instrumentation Core
- Attention AIC Users! The StepOnePlus in X410 has been moved to L-616 (Instructional Building)! Please contact either Matt Au (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Neema Yazdani (email@example.com) before using the instrument so that we can get you access.
- Attention AIC Users! The StepOnePlus in X840 has been moved to X830!
- The AIC now offers Array Services! Please visit the “Array Services” tab for more information, prices, and contact information
- Emergency Contact for Instruments: Call Lynn Deng or Matthew Au. If no one answers please email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Leave your name, instrument you are working with, and problem and we will get back to you ASAP. Thank you!
Upcoming Core Seminars: “Free Sample Day Run” hosted by Aushon (Monday, September 29th 2014)
Please click here for more information. We are having a free sample day run on Monday, September 29th 2014 where users will be able to analyze their samples using the Aushon Ciraplex Multiplex Protein Array System! The following 2 kits will be available for you to try:
- Human Cytokine 1 Kit (9-Plex): IFNg, IL-1b, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12p70, IL-13, TNFa (Active Trimer)
- Human Cytokine 2 Kit (10-Plex): IFNg, IL-1a, IL-1b, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12p70, TNFa (Active Trimer)
If you are interested please let either myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lynn (email@example.com) know which kit you are interested in, how many samples you have and what your sample type is. In addition, we will also be hosting another “Free Sample Day Run” at a later date (TBD) that will involve the following Mouse Kit:
- Mouse Cytokine Kit (7-Plex): IFNg, IL-1b, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12p70, IL-17, TNFa)
Again, if you are interested please give us the same information as above and we will let you know when we have chosen a date.
Mission of the Core:
The objective of the Analytical Instrumentation Core is to provide support to investigators through cutting-edge analytical instruments and services to facilitate research and education in the Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine as well as Boston Medical Center.
The mission of the Analytical Instrumentation Core is as follows:
- Maintain core instruments
- Train investigators to use equipment and to help design experiments
- Share the resources and increase accessibility of instruments for investigators
- Introduce innovative analytical instrumentation by regular seminars
- Support investigators in their efforts to win extramural research funding
The Analytical Instrumentation Core’s central laboratory is located at 670 Albany Street, Lab 232, Boston, MA 02118. Other satellite sites on the BUMC include W-, X-, E-, R-buildings and the Evans Biomedical Research Center
Contact Lynn Deng for access to buildings and lab locations
Lynn Lingyi Deng, Ph.D.
617-414-2964 Central Lab
Obtain reliable, up-to-date scientific equipment at reduced prices
91 Mystic Street, Arlington, MA 02474 . 781.641.0300
Contact: Lynn Deng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-638-6920
(Exchange information for donating and requesting used instruments in BUMC research community)