Analytical Instrumentation Core
- Attention AIC Users! The StepOnePlus in X410 has been moved to L-616 (Instructional Building)! Please contact either Matt Au (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Neema Yazdani (email@example.com) before using the instrument so that we can get you access.
- Attention AIC Users! The StepOnePlus in X840 has been moved to X830!
- The AIC now offers Array Services! Please visit the “Array Services” tab for more information, prices, and contact information
- Emergency Contact for Instruments: Call Lynn Deng or Matthew Au. If no one answers please email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Leave your name, instrument you are working with, and problem and we will get back to you ASAP. Thank you!
Upcoming Core Seminars: (TBA)
Mission of the Core:
The objective of the Analytical Instrumentation Core is to provide support to investigators through cutting-edge analytical instruments and services to facilitate research and education in the Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine as well as Boston Medical Center.
The mission of the Analytical Instrumentation Core is as follows:
- Maintain core instruments
- Train investigators to use equipment and to help design experiments
- Share the resources and increase accessibility of instruments for investigators
- Introduce innovative analytical instrumentation by regular seminars
- Support investigators in their efforts to win extramural research funding
The Analytical Instrumentation Core’s central laboratory is located at 670 Albany Street, Lab 232, Boston, MA 02118. Other satellite sites on the BUMC include W-, X-, E-, R-buildings and the Evans Biomedical Research Center
Contact Lynn Deng for access to buildings and lab locations
Please Help us help you:
Grants: The Analytical Instrumentation Core operates at a loss and is subsidized by the Department of Medicine. What does not get included in the balance sheets are the indirect costs generated from grants obtained with the help of data from our core. You can help us continue to serve you by letting us know when you submit a proposal and/or are awarded a grant which contains data obtained from the use of our Core.
Acknowledgments: We would greatly appreciate it if authors would acknowledge the Analytical Instrmentation Core in their publications containing data obtained with the equipment and/or assistance of Core personnel.
Lynn Lingyi Deng, Ph.D.
617-414-2964 Central Lab
Obtain reliable, up-to-date scientific equipment at reduced prices
91 Mystic Street, Arlington, MA 02474 . 781.641.0300
Contact: Lynn Deng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-638-6920
(Exchange information for donating and requesting used instruments in BUMC research community)