Glycomics and proteomics of brain diseases
The matrisome consists of an organized network of glycoproteins and proteoglycans, the structures of which are regulated spatially and temporally during both normal physiology and disease processes. At present there is very little information concerning the mature structures of matrisome molecules and how these become altered during neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative diseases. We are building a tool set for studying matrisome molecules in aging, schizophrenia, drug abuse, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Raghunathan, R.; Hogan, J. D.; Labadorf, A.; Myers, R. H.; Zaia, J. A glycomics and proteomics study of aging and Parkinson’s disease in human brain. Sci Rep 2020, 10, 12804. Pubmed Link
- Raghunathan, R.; Sethi, M. K.; Klein, J. A.; Zaia, J. Proteomics, glycomics, and glycoproteomics of matrisome molecules. Mol Cell Proteomics 2019, . Pubmed Link
- Raghunathan, R.; Polinski, N. K.; Klein, J. A.; Hogan, J. D.; Shao, C.; Khatri, K.; Leon, D.; McComb, M. E.; Manfredsson, F. P.; Sortwell, C. E.; Zaia, J. Glycomic and Proteomic Changes in Aging Brain Nigrostriatal Pathway. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics 2018, 17, 1778-1787. Pubmed Link
- Klein, J. A.; Meng, L.; Zaia, J. Deep sequencing of complex proteoglycans: a novel strategy for high coverage and site-specific identification of glycosaminoglycan-linked peptides. Mol Cell Proteomics 2018, 17, 1578-1590. Pubmed Link
- Sethi, M. K.; Zaia, J. Extracellular matrix proteomics in schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease. Anal Bioanal Chem 2017, 409, 379-394. Pubmed Link
- Chen, J.; Kawamura, T.; Sethi, M. K.; Zaia, J.; Repunte-Canonigo, V.; Sanna, P. P. Heparan sulfate: Resilience factor and therapeutic target for cocaine abuse. Sci Rep 2017, 7, 13931. Pubmed Link