Jaime Murphy, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Medical Director: Critical Care Quality and Patient Safety, Boston Medical Center
Medical Director: Intermediate Care Units
Assistant Director: Medical Intensive Care Units Assistant Director
Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship: New York University
Residency: New York University
Fellowship: Boston University
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Macrophage Biology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Consult Service
- Tuberculosis Clinic
- General Pulmonary Clinic
- Cardio-Pulmonary Exercise Testing
In his role as the Medical Director for Critical Care Quality, Dr. Murphy is in charge of oversight and coordination of all quality improvement and patient safety efforts across all adult ICU’s at Boston Medical Center. As Medical Director of the Intermediate Care units, Dr. Murphy has overseen an expansion of this service from an isolated 8 bed unit to 24 beds over 2 campuses. The expanded IMCU’s now care for chronically vented patients, performs hemodialysis and administers vasoactive infusions in a select set of patients. Clinically, Dr. Murphy Attends in all BMC MICU’s, on the Pulmonary Consult service, the Pulmonary Clinic, and in the Boston Department of Public Health’s Tuberculosis Clinic.
- Ackrivo J, Horbowicz KJ, Mordino J, El Kherba M, Ellingwood J, Sloan K, Murphy J. Successful Implementation of an Automated Sedation Vacation Process in Intensive Care Units.Am J Med Qual. 2016 Sep;31(5):463-9
- Murphy, J., Summer, R., Wilson , A.A., Kotton, D.N., and Fine, A. The Prolonged Life-Span of Alveolar Macrophages. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2008 Apr;38(4):380-5.
- Murphy, J., Summer, R., and Fine, A. Stem Cells in Airway Smooth Muscle. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2008 Jan 1;5(1):11-4.
- Summer, R., Fitzsimmons, K., Dwyer, D., Murphy, J. , and Fine, A. Isolation of an Adult Mouse Lung Mesenchymal Progenitor Cell Population. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology. 2007 Aug;37(2):152-9.
Dr. Murphy sees patients in the following locations: