Christine Campbell Reardon, M.D.
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Program Director of Fellowship Training
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Director of Respiratory Care Services
Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children
BU Profile for Dr. Campbell Reardon
Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine
Internship: Boston City Hospital
Residency: Boston City Hospital
Fellowship: Boston University
- Ventilator modes in the ICU
- Ventilator associated pneumonias
- Lung cancer
- Lung cancer
- Chronic respiratory failure
- Noninvasive ventilation
- Airway Management Training for Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Training
- Simulation Training for the “Decompensating Patient during Bronchoscopy”
- Simulation Training for tracheostomy tube management
- Bronchoscopy Simulation Training Boston University Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Training
- Faculty instructor: Pleural Ultrasound training for Pulmonary Fellows, Boston Medical Center
- Faculty instructor: Central Venous Catheterization Workshop for Internal Medicine Residents, Boston Medical Center
Dr. Reardon is an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine. She attends in the Medical Intensive Care Unit at Boston Medical Center . Dr. Reardon participates in the care of patients in the Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Clinic. Dr. Reardon provides pulmonary consultative services to a pediatric neuromuscular disease clinic at the Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital for Children.
- Kathuria H, Hollingsworth HM, Vilvendhan R, Reardon C. Management of life-threatening hemoptysis. J Intensive Care. 2020; 8:23.PMID: 32280479.
- Parikh R, Belok SH, Swamy L, Reardon CC. Adjunctive Therapies in the Management of Septic Shock. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2019 Aug 01; 200(3):381-383. PMID: 30990750
- Abston ED, Hon SM, Berical A. Recommended Reading from Boston University School of Medicine Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellows, Christine L. Reardon, MD Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Director. Pulmonology in Pregnancy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018;197(1):127-129. PMID: 29155600.
- AB, Wiener RS, Reardon CC. Living with a tracheostomy. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016 Aug 1;194(3):P5-6. doi: 10.1164/rccm.1943P5. No abstract available. PMID: 2747906.
- Sulis C, AJ Walkey, Y Abadi, C. Campbell Reardon, M Joyce-Brady, Outcomes of a ventilator-associated pneumonia bundles on rates of ventilator-associated pneumonia and other health care-associated infections in a long-term acute care hospital setting. Am J Infection Control. 2014 42:536
- Walkey AJ, Nair S, Papdopoulos S, Agarwal S, Reardon CC. Use of Airway Pressure Release Ventilation is associated with a reduced incidence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in patients with pulmonary contusion. J Trauma. 2010 June 3.
- Walkey AJ, CC Reardon, C. Sulis, RN Nace, M Joyce-Brady. The epidemiology of ventilator-associated pneumonia in a long-term acute care hospital. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009 Apr;30(4):319-24.
- Campbell Reardon, C., D. Christiansen, E. Barnett, H. Cabral, 2005, Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation vs. Incentive Spirometry for Children with Neuromuscular Disease, 2005. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:526-53.
- Wilson, KC, C. Reardon, A. Theodore, H. Farber. Propylene Glycol Toxicity: A Severe Iatrogenic Illness in ICU Patients Receiving IV Benzodiazepines: A Case Series and Prospective, Observational Pilot Study. Chest 2005; 128; 1674-1681.
- Reardon, C., J. Marini, L. Wright, 2003. “Acute Respiratory Failure”, in Textbook of Pulmonary Diseases, 7th ed., Lippincott-Raven.
- Campbell Reardon C. and H. Hollingsworth, “Acute Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy”, in Intensive Care Medicine, 5th ed. Irwin, R. and J. Rippe (eds), Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2003.
- Zhang, Y, H. Kornfeld, W. Cruikshank, S. Kim, C. Reardon, D. Center, 2001. Nuclear translocation of the N-terminal prodomain of interleukin-16. J. Biol Chem 276(2): 1299-1303.
- Ieong, M., C. Campbell Reardon, S. Levitz, H. Kornfeld. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection of alveolar macrophages impairs their innate fungicidal activity. 2000. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:966-970.
- Koziel, H, S. Kim, C. Campbell Reardon, X. Li, R. Garland, P. Pinkston, H. Kornfeld. Enhanced in vivo human immunodeficiency virus-1 replication in the lungs of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons with Pneumocystic carinii pneumonia. 1999, Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160(6):2048-2055.
- Hollingsworth, H and C. Campbell Reardon, “Acute Respiratory Failure in Pregnancy” in Intensive Care Medicine, 4th ed. Irwin, R, R. Cerra, and J. Rippe (eds) Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 1998.
- Campbell Reardon, C. and A. Theodore, 1997. “Lung Cancer” in Practical approach to pulmonary medicine, eds. Goldstein, RH, JL O’Connell, and JB Karlinsky, Lippincott-Raven Publishers.
- Campbell Reardon, C., S. Kim, RP Wagner, H. Kornfeld. Interferon-gamma reduces the capacity of human alveolar macrophages to inhibit growth of Cryptococcus in vitro, 1996, Am J Cell Mol Biol. 15:711-715.
- Campbell Reardon, C. S. Kim, RP Wagner, H. Kornfeld. Phagocytosis and growth inhibition of Cryptococcus neoformans by human alveolar macrophages: Effects of HIV-1 infection, 1996 AIDS, 10:613-618.
Dr. Reardon sees referred patients at Boston University’s Center for Thoracic Oncology