Car Seat Program
This program provides child safety seat installation and inspection free of charge. Public Safety officers are trained in the correct installation of child safety seats and are re-certified every two years.
CSI (Certified Car Seat Installer) technicians have the knowledge and skills to:
- Secure children in appropriate child restraint systems
- Install child restraint systems in multiple types of vehicles
- Educate others on how to correctly install child restraint systems in vehicles and how to properly restrain children in motor vehicles
- Organize, coordinate or assist at inspection stations and checkup events
- Serve as a resource for the program
Officers Daniel Arevalo, Katelyn Bourque, Matt Hayes, Nicholas Keough, Kristin Oberlander and Mike Panajoti are Nationally Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians. If you would like to schedule a car seat installation, please call a Public Safety Supervisor at 617-414-4413.