The MBTA provides extensive subway, bus, commuter rail, and ferry service to destinations inside and outside of Boston.
For transit directions, type your starting point and destination into the MBTA’s Trip Planner.
BUMC and BMC are served by the following MBTA routes:
- 1 – Harvard Square / Nubian Station
- 8 – Harbor Point / Kenmore Station
- 10 – City Point / Copley Square
- 47 – Central Square (Cambridge) / Broadway Station
- CT3 – Beth Israel / Andrew Station
- SL4 – South Station / Nubian Station
- SL5 – Downtown / Nubian Station
Please check individual schedules for times. All buses operate seven days a week with less service on Saturday and Sunday, except the CT3, which does not operate on weekends.
Bringing your bike on the bus? All non-electric buses are equipped with a bike rack that can hold up to two conventional bikes. Bikes are allowed on the red, orange, blue, and silver lines, however they are not allowed on the green line or during rush hour. You can familiarize yourself with the rules for bicycles on the MBTA website.