Reciprocal Campus Parking
Boston University’s Charles River (CRC) and Medical (BUMC) campuses have a reciprocal parking arrangement that allows faculty and staff based on one campus to park their vehicles in designated areas on the opposite (non-home-based) campus, provided they hold one of the permit types identified below. This reciprocal parking agreement does not allow unlimited parking or overnight parking on the opposite campus.
Reciprocal Parking Privileges may not be used more than three (3) times per week (Monday–Sunday). Those who need to park on the opposite campus more than three times per week on a regular basis must contact the Parking & Transportation Services office on the opposite campus to establish an appropriate arrangement. Reciprocal Parking Privileges do not allow unlimited parking or overnight parking on the opposite campus.
CRC Faculty/Staff Parking on BUMC
The following Charles River Campus Permit types authorize reciprocal parking in the 710 Albany Street Garage:
To benefit from this reciprocal parking arrangement, which is only available at the 710 Albany Street Garage, Charles River Campus permit holders must do the following:
- Take a parking ticket from the dispenser at the 710 Albany Street
Garage entrance gate
- Before leaving the garage, go to the Medical Campus Parking & Transportation Services office (adjacent to the 1stfloor of the 710 Albany Street Garage) and present the following:
- 710 Albany parking ticket
- parking permit (if on hanger) or permit number (if adhered to the driver’s side window)
- CRC University identification card
- The Parking staff will then validate the 710 Albany Street Garage parking ticket, and use the validated 710 Albany Street Garage parking ticket to exit the facility
BUMC Faculty/Staff Parking on CRC
The following active Boston University Medical Campus permit types are authorized to apply for Reciprocal Parking Privileges:
- 610 Albany St. Garage Permit
- 710 Albany St. Garage Permit
- DOB Permit
- Biosquare Permit
- D-Lot Permit
- Crosstown Permit
- 560/580 Lot Permit
To gain and exercise Reciprocal Parking Privileges on the Charles River Campus, BUMC employees should:
- Submit an online application for Reciprocal Parking Privileges.
- Wait to receive an email confirming that privileges have been applied to your vehicle.
- Park at no charge, no more than three (3) times per week at the following garages and lots (map):
- Agganis Arena Garage and Lot (A, C-2) – 925 Commonwealth Ave
- Langsam Garage (B) — 142 Gardner Street
- Essex Street Garage & Lot (F) – 148 Essex Street
- Warren Towers Garage (K) – 700 Commonwealth Ave
The following event parking policies occasionally alter these reciprocal accommodations on the Charles River Campus:
Agganis Arena Event Parking Policy
Arena parking spaces in the Agganis Arena Parking Garage (Lot A) and the Agganis Arena surface lot (Lot C2) may be used as supplementary parking by Boston University employees with parking permits at no cost when there are no Arena events or performances scheduled. Most performances and sporting events will take place during the evening and on weekends, thus allowing employee permit parking during the majority of normal work time. However, due to the obligation to provide adequate parking for event attendees, Boston University employees may not use Agganis Arena Lots A and C-2 during scheduled events and 90 minutes prior to the start of weekday and weekend evening performances and sporting events.
In preparation for some events, Agganis Arena parking lots will be closed to Boston University employees during the day of some weekday and weekend matinee performances and other University events (Spring Open House, Commencement, etc.). During these restricted periods, Boston University employees with qualifying parking permits may park at no additional cost at the Langsam Garage (Lot B) and at the parking facility at the Essex St. Garage & Lot (Lot F) on a space-available basis.