610 Preferential Parking Gate Area
ALL hybrid/electric vehicle members enrolled into our program will have access to the preferential parking area. When accessing the preferential parking area, please try your best to utilize the far right gate to badge in when entering the 610 garage. Please refrain from using the middle lane as this can cause traffic and for safety reasons. Before entering the preferential parking area there will be a second gate where registered carpoolers, hybrid, and electric vehicle members will need to badge into.
In order to enter the preferential parking area:
- HYBRID AND ELECTRIC VEHICLE drivers will badge in on the transponder labeled “HYBRID”. Only the payee’s ID badge will have access to enter the preferential parking area.
- PLEASE HAVE YOUR ID BADGE READY PRIOR TO ENTERING THE 610 GARAGE, as idling will cause delays and backing up will be extremely difficult. Having your badge ready will help us to eliminate traffic in the garage
- There are four dual electric vehicle charging stations = 8 parking spots in the 610 preferential parking area.
- Electric vehicle drivers may charge their vehicle for up to 4 hours after which their vehicle must be moved.
- The charging rate is $0.25 per hour. After the four hour limit, the rate increases to $6.00 per hour.
- Non-charging vehicles are not permitted to park in these spots, as they are for ACTIVE CHARGING ONLY.
- If your vehicle is fully charged prior to the first 4 free hours, please kindly move your vehicle ASAP.
*Violators will be cited and subject to being revoked from the parking program. Cameras have been installed to make sure all rules and regulations are being followed and to keep this area running as smoothly as possible.*
Please be advised to pick up your updated carpool hangers and hybrid/electric vehicle stickers yearly.
Please contact the BUMC-BMC Parking & Transportation Services with any questions, comments, concerns at 617-358-3506 or visit us at 710 Albany St.