610 Preferential Parking Gate Area
ALL carpoolers enrolled into our program will have access to the preferential parking area. When accessing the preferential parking area, please try your best to utilize the far right gate to badge in when entering the 610 garage. Please refrain from using the middle lane as this can cause traffic and for safety reasons. Before entering the preferential parking area there will be a second gate where registered carpoolers, hybrid, and electric vehicle members will need to badge into.
In order to enter the preferential parking area:
- At least TWO carpoolers must be present and must tap two ID badges onto the transponder.
- Carpoolers will badge in on the transponder labeled “CARPOOL”. You will need to badge in with the PRIMARY carpooler’s ID badge (person who pays for parking) first and then the secondary carpooler’s ID badge. The gate will not lift up without 2 carpooler badges.
- PLEASE HAVE BOTH ID BADGES READY PRIOR TO ENTERING THE 610 GARAGE, as idling will cause delays and backing up will be extremely difficult. Having your badges ready will help us to eliminate traffic in the garage.
- For parties that have more than 2 carpoolers in their group, only two ID badges are needed to enter. The PRIMARY carpooler’s ID badge and any secondary carpooler’s ID badge.
- If the PRIMARY carpooler will not be utilizing parking for the day but the other 2 (or more) carpoolers of the party need to enter the garage together, please contact BUMC-BMC Parking & Transportation Services in advance to provide you with access.
- When EXITING, the PRIMARY carpooler’s ID badge will be needed in order to tap out.
Looking for someone to ride with?
- Use GoMassCommute to find a carpool partner. GoMassCommute is a powerful resource which includes a ride-matching function that generates a map of coworkers in your area who are looking to carpool! This resource is provided by our Transportation Management Association A Better City.
*If there are any changes to your carpool group, please update us ASAP.*