BMC Employee MBTA Benefits
A 35 percent discount is available to eligible, BMC employees by payroll deduction only.
To be eligible you must be:
- A regular BMC employee who works at least 24 hours per week, or a House Officer and on the BMC payroll.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are regularly scheduled to work less than 24 hours per week
- Are a temporary employee
- Are a volunteer at BMC
- Are a Boston University Employee or Student
- Have a parking permit through payroll deduction. Please note that if you are currently parking and want to change to the MBTA, you MUST cancel your parking.
Eligible Boston Medical Center Employees are able to purchase discounted MBTA passes through payroll deduction only. Payments will be deducted over two pay periods – the last pay period in the month prior to the benefit month and the first pay period of the benefit month. (Please be advised that you MUST order your pass a month in advance.)
- If you would like to enroll, cancel, or change your pass, the deadline is the 5th of the month, prior to the effective month. (For example, the deadline to make a change for your June pass is May 5th, and the cost of the June pass will be deducted from your last paycheck in May and your first paycheck in June)
- Changes can be made on CommuterCheckDirector by calling 888-235-9223 and selecting option 1. Use Company ID 1535.
Note: Boston Medical Center is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.