BMC Employee MBTA Benefits
A 35 percent discount is available to eligible, BMC employees by payroll deduction only.
To be eligible you must be:
- A FULL TIME BMC employee (some residents are eligible) and on the BMC payroll.
You are not eligible if you:
- Are regularly scheduled to work less than 24 hours per week
- Are a temporary employee
- Are a volunteer at BMC
- Are a Boston University Employee or Student
- Have a parking permit through payroll deduction. Please note that if you are currently parking and want to change to the MBTA, you MUST cancel your parking.
Eligible Boston Medical Center Employees are able to purchase discounted MBTA passes through payroll deduction only. Payments will be deducted in three installments during the month (Please be advised that you MUST order your pass a month in advance.)
- BMC now uses Commuter Check Direct as the vendor for MBTA and commuter rail passes.
- If you would like to enroll, cancel, or change your June pass, the deadline to do so is May 1. (Month examples)
- Changes can be made on CommuterCheckDirect or by calling 888-235-9223 and selecting option 1. Use Company ID 1535.
Please contact the BMC Payroll office with any questions: 617-638-7196
Note: Boston Medical Center is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.