Graduate PLUS Loan Pre-Application Counseling
In an effort to provide better understanding about credit based loans, please review the following counseling steps. Afterwards, complete the Pre-Application Counseling Confirmation.
- Complete the FAFSA, if you have not already done so. This allows SFS to award you any eligible, non credit-based financial aid before utilizing credit-based products
- Review the Graduate PLUS Loan interest rate, repayment terms, credit criteria, etc
- Review the Cost of Attendance for your program, to determine how much you can, and need to borrow
- Compare other private, credit-based loan products, against the terms of the Graduate PLUS Loan. On the linked page, click on your school to provide more loan options.
- Questions to ask when comparing loan products from any source
- Review your current federal aggregate loan debt by logging into StudentAid.gov. Be advised that federal loans disbursed 30 days or less from today’s date may not have yet to post on the site.
- If you are a new borrower, or you have not received a Graduate PLUS Loan in the last 365 days, please complete the Federal Student Aid Graduate PLUS Loan Promissory Note, Entrance Counseling, and PLUS Credit Counseling
Once the Counseling is complete, Continuing students looking for additional funds should login to DataMotion https://ssl.datamotion.com/l.aspx?lo=1&cb=BostonU&l=en-us where you can attach the Graduate PLUS app and send it securely to SFS.