Student Financial Services (SFS) at Boston University Medical Campus (BUMC) is pleased to assist you in financing your education.
To be considered for financial aid, you will need to complete the following steps:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Boston University school code is 002130.
- FAFSA is required to receive Federal Direct Loans.
- Available only to U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents and Eligible Non-Citizens.
- Boston University does not require parental income data on the FAFSA.
Complete the CSS/Financial Aid Profile
- CSS/Financial Aid Profile is required for consideration for need-based aid.
- Parental information is required unless you were born on or before January 1, 1987.
- Choose 3116–Boston U: Medical School from the school code dropdown menu.
- The initial application fee is $25.00.
Upload your 2015 tax documents. Upon admission, you will be able to submit financial aid information through a “Documents” tab in the Financial Aid Supplemental Application.
- Upload 2015 signed federal tax returns, including all schedules and W2’s for you, your parents and your spouse, if applicable.
- Do not submit state tax returns.
- If you, your parents* or spouse are not required to complete a federal tax return, please submit a Parent or Student Income Verification Form.
- Please submit all documentation with our Coversheet.
*Parental data is not required if you were born on or before January 1, 1987.
Noncustodial Parent Requirement
Applicants are expected to provide information from both parents even if the parents do not share the same household. The custodial parent is required to provide income, asset and other household information on the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. The noncustodial parent is expected to provide information on the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE (NCP).
Noncustodial Parent Information Waiver
We recognize that extenuating circumstances in individual cases may make it impossible to obtain information from the noncustodial parent. To request a waiver you must complete and submit, with the necessary documentation, the Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Request. Once the NCP is received or a waiver is approved, processing of your aid application will continue.
If you choose not to attend BUSM, your financial aid documentation will be destroyed.
Boston University reserves the right to amend your award amounts at any time.
Visit our glossary for clarification on financial aid terms.
Wait List and Linkage Applicants
SFS recommends that you complete your FAFSA and CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE applications and upload all required income verification documentation prior to being notified of an open seat in the entering class. Promptly completing these steps will allow SFS to review your application and provide you with an award notification within a couple of days of being offered a seat in the class of 2021.