Join the Alumni Medical Library Team
Apply for student positions for the upcoming semester. Submit your application here!
Please note there are limited shifts available for Spring 2023.
Student Library Assistant Position Overview
Student Library Assistants provide coverage at the Alumni Medical Library Circulation Desk during evenings and weekend hours. Student workers are an integral part of the Alumni Medical Library team, allowing the library to extend operating hours and better serve the needs of the BU Medical Campus community.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Opening/closing the library
- Answering phone calls
- Checking in and out of library materials
- Answering library patron questions and assisting them in finding library materials
- Assisting library patrons in using public computers, printers, photocopies, and scanners
- Occasional additional tasks to assist with library projects
Scheduling and wages
Typical work shifts:
- Monday-Friday: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am to 2:00pm, 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Student shifts are year-round, as the library operates on the same schedule during the summer session.
University regulations restrict all student employees to a maximum of 20 hours per week/ 8 hours per day.
Information about wages can be found on the Job Classification Guide from the BU Student Employment Office. The Student Library Assistant Position is a Grade 3.
The Student Library Assistant position is open to all current full-time Boston University students.
Paperwork needed for hiring
All students will need to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form. Students who have previously worked at BU do not need to complete the I-9 Form again.
- BU Student Employment Office
- Employment Guide for International Students
- International Students and Scholars Office
- On-Campus Student Employment (For international students)
Call: (617) 358-4902