Biomedical PhD Student Organization
The Biomedical PhD Student Organization (BPSO) aims to build and strengthen the community among PhD programs at BUMC; to foster personal and professional relationships between students faculty, alumni , and administrators; to promote interdisciplinary research at BU; and to cultivate camaraderie among Biomedical Science PhD students.
Email us at: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook
BPSO Newsletter – January 2020
- 2020 BPSO Officer Elections! The time has come to elect a new board of BPSO officers. There are openings for all BPSO Executive Board positions which include: President, Vice President, Academic Liaison, Treasurer, and Secretary. See below for timeline and details:
- Nominees for BPSO officers must have attended at least two BPSO events this academic year with at least one of those events being a business meeting.
- The nomination period will begin after the business meeting concludes on Tuesday, February 18th.
- The nomination period will close on Friday, February 21st at 5PM. You may nominate yourself for up to two positions or nominate another student for a maximum of one position. Nominations are made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org directly and specifying who you nominate and for what position.
- Nominations must be accepted. The BPSO will contact all nominees via e-mail as soon as possible after the nomination has been received. You may accept or decline a nomination. Nominations must be accepted by e-mailing email@example.com ASAP or before Sunday February 23rd.
- Nominees who have accepted candidateship must write a short blurb (statement of intent) to be distributed to BPSO membership (200 words max).
- Polling for BPSO officer candidates will occur by e-mail starting on Monday February 24th and closing at 5PM on February 28th.
- Elected candidates will be notified via e-mail after 5PM on Friday, February 28th.
- E-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PiBS Interview Day Volunteers Needed! Please fill out the survey at the link below to volunteer for presenting a poster during the PiBS interview day. Historically, drinks and appetizers have been provided at this event. You can also volunteer to take prospective students out to complimentary dinner at a local restaurant and escort them to their interviews during the day
- February BPSO Business Meeting, February 18th at 5PM. Location TBD. Hear about upcoming events for PhD students this Spring and learn about the BPSO officer positions. Election details will be summarized. RSVP HERE or by emailing email@example.com
- Updates from the Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS) Advisory Board:
- You can reserve study space using the following link: edu/medstudy
- Help GMS bring cheaper and healthier food options to BUSM by filling out the food insecurity survey below: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8kz58Q1fRNbK2EZ
- GMS has added a resource for PhD students to reference with our mentors to determine appropriate behaviors in these relationships and what we should expect as mentees, as well as how we can file anonymous complaints if need be. You can view these expectations at the link below: https://www.bumc.bu.edu/gms/academics/phd-programs/expectations/