Spring 2021 Admitted Students
Welcome to Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS) at Boston University School of Medicine!
For Spring 2021,there is no centralized GMS-wide Orientation. Orientations will be held at the program level. The information provided on this page and through the material on Blackboard should provide a broad introduction to what GMS provides.
Orientation Important Information
Required Documents / Trainings
ALL STUDENTS are required complete the following by February 1st, 2021:
All orientation required documents and trainings are located on Blackboard (with the exception of the Mandatory Student Training on Sexual Misconduct). Please see below for an overview of requirements.
NOTE: You will need your BUID to complete the following orientation required documents and trainings. To find your BUID, refer to the “Boston University Admission Decision” offer letter that you received via email OR download your CAS application and look for the eight character field starting with the alphabet “U” with the label “Alternate Id:”
- Academic Conduct Code and Disciplinary Procedures
- Appropriate Treatment in Graduate Education
- Fuller Gym Release Form
- Identifying and Avoiding Plagiarism Training
- Mandatory Student Training on Sexual Misconduct
- You will receive a direct link to the training in emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microaggressions Training
- Photo Release Form
- Title IX Training
RESEARCH AND/OR CLINICAL PROGRAMS:
Students complete the following trainings as dictated by the Program.
Final Transcripts and Degree Certificates
- All incoming students are required to submit a final transcript, degree certificate, or other official documents showing all previous degrees conferred. If you have not already submitted the required documents, please do so immediately. If your degree was conferred in May or will be conferred in September 2020, please submit all required documentation no later than February 15th, 2021, to the following address:
Graduate Medical Sciences, ATTN: Shuchita Rao
Boston University School of Medicine
72 East Concord Street, L-317
Boston, MA 02118, U.S.A.
- All required documents may also be mailed (hard copy) in a sealed (official) envelope or sent electronically to Shuchita Rao (email@example.com) by February 15th, 2021.
Student ID Card and Semester T Pass
Boston University Email Account and Registration
- Information to set up your BU email address and Kerberos password will be emailed to you by the GMS Registrar, Millie Agosto.
- Students will complete an add/drop form once they meet with their advisor or program director.
- Please contact the GMS Registrar with any questions regarding setting up your BU email address and Kerberos password, which are needed to access the Student Link.
Medical Insurance / Immunizations
- BUSM/GMS requires a Medical History and Physical Report Form and proof of immunizations for all new students.
- NOTE: Students in clinical programs (Clinical Research, Bioimaging, Genetic Counseling, Physician Assistant, and Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine) should complete the Medical, Dental, or Clinical Medical Sciences Student Form.
- All other graduate programs should complete the Graduate or Transfer Student Form.
- Completed forms can be uploaded to the Patient Connect Portal.
- Any questions should be directed to Student Health Services at 617-353-3575.
- NOTE: As of March 2020, Student Health Services has implemented a process that will grant students temporary medical compliance for those expressing difficulty meeting their immunization requirements due to COVID-19. This temporary medical compliance will allow students to register for courses during their registration period. The temporary waiver will be removed from the student’s account at a future date. The information regarding this new process is available on our Immunization Compliance website in the “Can I submit a waiver?” section.
- BU requires that students receive an influenza vaccine (flu shot). Visit the webpage for more information.
- **YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER FOR CLASS UNTIL PROOF OF REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS ARE SUBMITTED TO STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES.
International students MUST attend ISSO Orientation. All incoming international students should have already been invited to participate in BU First Class. This is an online pre-arrival orientation course required for all incoming international students. It has essential sessions that are critical for academic success while also providing important visa and immigration information. If you have not received the email invitation, please reach out Kamelia Turcotte at firstname.lastname@example.org to be registered.
- Spring 2021 Student Reminders and Check-In Procedures
- Considerations for Spring 2021 Enrollment
- Student FAQs and Travel Considerations During the COVID19 Pandemic
- New Student FAQs and Travel Considerations During the COVID19 Pandemic
- See ISSO Services During COVID 19
- Please see the ISSO webpage for more information
- Should you have any problems or questions regarding your visa status, please contact the International Students and Scholars Office at 888 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd floor, (617-353-3565 or email@example.com). You will not be allowed to register for classes until the International Students and Scholars Office has cleared you for admission.
Learn about a few of our student organizations, as well as additional resources/groups through these 30-60 second videos.
|Check out BPSO’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out Arts Initiative’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out BBCC’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out CAG’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out GMSSO’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out GWISE’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out MISO’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out STEPUP’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
|Check out WPDC’s website for more information and how to contact them.|
*Please visit the Student Life webpage to learn about additional groups and resources at the Boston University Medical Campus and BU in general.
Student Discounts and BU Fun Facts
Check out where to get student discounts as well as some fun facts about BU here.
If you have made alternative plans and will not be attending Boston University this Spring, please email Shuchita Rao (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, but no later than January 22nd, 2021, to avoid tuition charges.