Congratulations on your acceptance to Boston University School of Medicine! We look forward to welcoming you to the Graduate Medical Sciences community. We are here to support you as you move forward with your decision-making process.
Admitted Student Checklist
We are pleased that you have selected Boston University for your master’s degree or Ph.D.! If you have decided to accept your offer of admission to Boston University, the following checklist outlines the required actions you must take prior to matriculating:
- Accept your offer of admission by the date specified in your acceptance letter and submit your tuition deposit online.*via the link provided in the acceptance letter
- Create a BU login name and Kerberos password to be able to access BU’s webmail and other internet services. You will receive instructions on how to do so in June/July from the GMS Registrar. Once you create your account, please remember to check your BU email regularly as this will be your primary email account for the University. Most incoming students will be pre-registered for the fall core curriculum, but adjustments may be made during Orientation. Registration information will be posted here when available.
- Apply for Financial Aid. You will receive an email from GMS financial aid office detailing next steps (beginning in April).
- Search for on or off-campus housing. Be sure to begin your search, secure your housing and sign your lease as early as possible. Please visit the GMS Housing page for information regarding housing, and direct specific questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-638-5125 at the Boston University Medical Campus. Attend BUMC Housing Fair on Friday, June 7, 2019 from 10am-12pm in Hiebert Lounge (14th floor, Instructional Building, BUMC)
- Meet University Compliance Requirements via the StudentLink. These include:
- Health Insurance. Boston University automatically enrolls students in our Aetna health insurance plan, but if you already have comparable coverage you must waive the medical insurance via the Student Accounting Services website.
- A Medical History and Physical Report Form. If you are in a clinical program please use the form for Medical, Dental, or Clinical Medical Sciences Student (Bioimaging, Genetic Counseling, Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine and Physician Assistant). If not, then download the form for Graduate or Transfer Students.
- You must arrange to have this form completed by your physician before you register. Upload the form or send the completed form directly to:
Boston University Student Health Services
881 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215, U.S.A.
- BU Alert Phone Number
- Settle Student Account
- Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Law Requirements
- Updated Current Address
- If you have not already done so, submit a final transcript, degree certificate, or other official documents showing all previous degrees conferred. Please submit all documentation in a sealed (official) envelope to Dr. Gregory Viglianti during Orientation, or no later than October 15 to the following address:
- Gregory Viglianti, Ph.D.
Boston University School of Medicine
Graduate Medical Sciences
72 East Concord Street, L-317
Boston, MA 02118
- Gregory Viglianti, Ph.D.
- Review the Student Handbook-2018-19 This comprehensive document covers basic GMS information, Policies and Procedures, Academic Conduct Code and Disciplinary Procedures.
- Get your Terrier Card (BU student ID). Terrier Cards for new students are issued at the start of the student’s first semester.
- Like us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date with GMS news and events!
*Should you require a decision deadline extension, please contact your program director. If you are unable to receive an extension, we encourage you to submit your $250 tuition deposit to secure your seat in the class. This decision is NOT binding and you can still withdraw your application at a later date. If you decide to withdraw, please email your program director and copy Shuchita Rao, (email@example.com) stating that you officially withdraw your application.
For any technical questions regarding indicating your admission decision, please contact Shuchita Rao (firstname.lastname@example.org).