National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Boston University is an Institutional Member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), effective August 30, 2018. The NCFDD is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources.
Our institutional membership will provide access for all Boston University faculty, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students to utilize NCFDD’s broad range of online virtual programs and resources, including:
- COVID-19-related material and support
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving, & moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library, which includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
The fall 2020 workshops and webinars include:
- Developing Anti-Oppressive Communities: Supporting Black Students and Mentees
Tuesday, August 18, 2 to 3 p.m.
Facilitated by Wanda Swan, Founder and Executive Director of the Swan Center for Advocacy and Research
- Creating an Inclusive Classroom: Students with Disabilities
Tuesday, August 25, 2 to 3 p.m.
Facilitated by Sara Schley
Professor and Director, National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institue of Technology
- Overcoming Academic Perfectionism
Thursday, September 10, 2 to 3 p.m.
Facilitated by Lisa Hanasono, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Communication Studies, Bowling Green State University
- Building and Leading Successful Research Teams
Tuesday, September 22, 2 to 3 p.m.
Facilitated by Brandy Simula, Ph.D., Professional Development Specialist, Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development, Georgia Institute of Technology
- How to Engage in Healthy Conflict
Thursday, October 8, 2 to 3 p.m.
Facilitated by Rosemarie Roberts, Ph.D., Professor of Dance, Connecticut College
- How to Manage Stress, Rejection & the Haters in Your Midst
Thursday, November 12, 2 to 3 p.m., Facilitated by Carlita Favero, Associate Professor of Biology, Ursinus College
To unlock your free Institutional Membership, please complete the following steps:
- Click here
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (that e-mail address must include @bu.edu)
- Go to your institution email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email.
If you have any questions about the membership, please feel free to contact Crystal A. Williams, Associate Provost for Diversity & Inclusion and Professor of English, at email@example.com. Any technical questions, meanwhile, may be directed to NCFDD via email at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.