Academic Writing Program
The BUMC Spring Academic Writing Program (AWP) provides faculty with the opportunity to further develop their writing skills as part of a peer writing group. The focus of the spring AWP program is to provide participants with the opportunity to revise a rejected manuscript and to develop skills to address manuscript deficiencies identified during the peer review process. By participating in this program, participants will be expected to resubmit their revised manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal by the end of the program.
AY24 Applications now open through November 21st, 2022
You cannot save your application once you have started it, so please prepare your answers in advance. A word version of the application is available here.
- All faculty
- Up to 6 BUMC faculty, including clinicians, educators, and clinical and population scientists, may be accepted into the pilot program.
There are 5 sessions, from 4-5 pm. In addition, each participant will meet individually with the FDD Director before the end of the program.
AY24 Spring Dates on Wednesdays from 4-5 pm:
- February 8th, 2023
- March 8th, 2023
- April 12th, 2023
- May 3rd. 2023
- June 7th, 2023
- Develop more effective peer-reviewing skills;
- Establish effective strategies to address comments from peer review;
- Acquire effective strategies to revise manuscripts; and
- Identify appropriate venues for dissemination.
The components of the Academic Writing Program include:
- Peer writing group. Peers provide feedback to guide the revision of rejected manuscripts
- Didactic presentation on Manuscript preparation and Peer Review Process. Selected readings and a presentation by the faculty facilitator will educate participants on the peer review process.
- Writing Skills. Participants will improve writing skills by revising their own rejected manuscripts and will also become more familiar with the peer review process.
- Participants will submit their revised manuscript within 3 months of finishing the program.
- Participant Commitment. Participants commit to attending and actively participate in each session, providing feedback on peers’ rejected manuscripts and revisions.
For more information about this program, please contact us at email@example.com