Fourth Year On-Line Orientation requirements, Class of 2024
In-Person Orientation Requirements:
1. Mask Fit Training Sessions — session dates & times have been e-mailed to you, please check with Nichole Ciccarelli, email@example.com, for your scheduled training date & time.
2. Mandatory Class Meeting on Professionalism – April 19, 2023, 5:00-6:00 pm, via zoom
On-Line completion of Orientation Requirements: You are required to complete all on-line requirements by Monday, May 29, 2023:
1. Fourth Year TB on-line questionnaire: Login to Patient Connect Click the Messages option on the left menu bar; click New Message; select TB Risk Assessment and Symptom Screen option; complete the symptom screen and click Send. Once submitted, the review may take 2-3 business days before your compliance is updated.
2. In addition to the required TB Questionnaire, all your clinical immunizations must be up-to-date by Monday, May 29, 2023. To check, go to the Student Link, select Personal, and Compliance Status, and then click on “Review and Print a Copy of Your Immunization Records”. If you are not up-to-date, you must bring yourself into compliance, either through Student Health Services, or your own physician; this includes having gotten a Flu Shot for 2022-23. If you have any immunizations outside of Student Health Services, you must upload documentation to SHS through their Patient Connect website: Student Health Services PatientConnect
3. The Safety & Infection Prevention Training: Click on: OSHA Safety & Infection Prevention Training
- Click on Login, enter BU username & Kerberos password to access Training.
- Click on “Safety and Infection Prevention Training” and launch the course.
- Save page confirming you passed, and e-mail as a .pdf attachment to Susan Norris, firstname.lastname@example.org . Save the confirming page for yourself as well, you will need it for outside elective applications.
4. You must complete the annually required HIPAA training through BMC Workday. Your individual letters have been e-mailed to you by Nichole Ciccarelli to access the trainings. You must complete the following trainings:
- Compliance Is Everyone’s Responsibility (HIPAA)
- BMC Safety & Infection Prevention
- Emergency Management What You Need to Know
You are strongly advised to keep copies of the training certificates of the Workday trainings, as you may be asked for them when applying to outside rotations.
5. You must review the Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Policy: Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Policy
6. You must review the Policies and Procedures for Evaluation, Grading and Promotions of BUSM medical students: Policies and Procedures for Evaluation, Grading and Promotion of BUSM medical students
7. You must agree to and submit the following form by May 29, 2023: Fourth Year Medical Student Professional Responsibility Form
8. You must get a Flu Shot in the fall of 2023
If you will be taking an additional year between Third & Fourth Years:
9. You must complete all orientation requirements for 2023-2024 if you will have any patient contact from May 29, 2023-May 5, 2024.
10. If you will not have any patient contact from May 29, 2023-May 5, 2024, you are not required to complete the 2023-24 orientation requirements, however we strongly recommend you complete them anyway. You will be able to apply for outside Fourth Year rotations beginning in February of 2024, and these outside rotations will ask for more current orientation training confirmation than from your Third Year orientation sessions of May, 2022, especially the Workday HIPAA training — once you go on Leave, your Workday account is deactivated. In addition, the mask fit training you complete now in 2023 will be up-to-date until the start of the 2024-25 academic year.
If you took an additional year between Third & Fourth Years: You must complete all Orientation requirements, and in addition:
11. Your BLS training will have expired, and you must renew before Monday, May 29, 2023. You must renew the BLS training at Boston Medical Center, as BMC will only accept BLS training done at BMC, and you will need to pay for this yourself.
BLS: review training schedule and sign up on-line at http://www.bmc.org/ctc
To contact: 617-414-7880
You must submit a copy of your BLS card to Susan Norris by May 29, 2023. To get a copy of your BLS card: HOW to claim BLS ecard-students
12. You may need to re-activate your SCRUBS account for BMC rotations requiring scrubs – contact that specific rotation director/administrator for assistance.
13. You may need to have your BMC E-Mail account, EPIC, and other BMC programs re-activated – contact Susan Norris for assistance.
Please contact Susan Norris, 617-358-7471 with questions or concerns.