BUSM II Orientation (2021)
When: Monday, July 12
- 1 – 2 pm: Career Planning: Making It Count Twice, Angela Jackson, MD, Associate Dean for Student Affairs (Hiebert Lounge)
- 2 – 2:45 pm: Healthy Doctor, Healthy Patient – a Student Affairs Panel (Hiebert Lounge)
- 3 – 4:30 pm: Doctoring 2 Orientation (Hosted by the Medical Education Office; Bakst Auditorium)
- 4:30 pm: Class Picture in front of Instructional Building
- 4:45 – 6 pm: Ice Cream Social on Talbot Green
The below requirements must be completed by all rising Second-Year Students by Monday, July 12, 2021:
- Email your .pdf certificate to Amanda Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Upon receiving an email from Amanda Kaufman with directions, you must complete the following trainings on Workday:
- Compliance Is Everyone’s Responsibility FY21
- BMC Safety & Infection Prevention FY21
- Emergency Management What You Need to Know FY21
4) Check Your Immunization Status on UIS
- Each student is required to check their immunization status on UIS student link to determine health compliance.
- Go to http://www.bu.edu/link/bin/uiscgi/menu
- Click ‘Student Link’
- Click ‘Personal’ tab
- Select ‘Compliance Status’ from the list
- Log in using your BU username and Kerberos password to review current status.
- In the Medical Immunizations section, CLICK “please check here”.
- If you require any screenings or immunizations, please plan to contact Student Health Services, Charles River Campus, 881 Commonwealth Ave, (617) 353-3575 to schedule an appointment when you are back on campus.
5) Complete Online TB Screening
Login to Patient Connect Click the Messages option on the left menu bar; click New Message; select TB Risk Assessment and Symptom Screen option; complete the symptom screen and click Send. Once submitted, the review may take 2-3 business days before your compliance is updated.