The Student Affairs Office supports more than 80 student organizations covering a variety of interest areas. By engaging through these organizations, students nurture their humanism, professionalism, leadership, and well-being beyond the classroom and clinic.
Hone your skills and engage with student organizations advocating for vulnerable populations.
Tap into BUSM chapters of national, regional, and local organizations at the forefront of medicine.
Career Interest Groups
Gain exposure to an array of medical specialties and develop your professional identity as a physician in training.
Nurture your interests beyond the classroom and participate in activities that complement the BUSM curriculum.
Volunteer Community Service Groups
Volunteer your services to communities in need across greater Boston.
Resources for Student Organizations
- Student Activities Checklist for Student Groups
- Guidance for Sustainable Events- BU Sustainability
- SCOMSA Ad-hoc Funding Form
- Food Order Form
- Supplies Order Form
- Student Activities Google Calendar
- Form to submit an event to the Google Calendar
- New Student Activity Group Application
- Non-Traditional Student Fellowship Group
- Need changes made to your page? Reach out to Royisha Young in Student Affairs.
The Student Committee on Medical School Affairs (SCOMSA) represents and advocates for the student body at BUSM. Additionally, SCOMSA allocates funding to student organizations and individuals for on campus events, travel, and wellness-related initiatives. For more information, visit the SCOMSA website.