BUSM I Orientation (2021)
Please note there are two tabs on the Excel document:
- The first tab notes the Monday – Saturday schedule.
- The second tab – titled “AME Rooms” – notes which Advising group you’ve been assigned to, and when you’ll be meeting with your Core Advisor throughout the week (some Advisors will email you to find alternate times). Yes, you will have to step out of some sessions in order to meet with your advisor for brief one-on-one meetings.
More on Advising Groups
- For Monday’s Advising Breakfast, you should sit at the table marked with your advisor’s name.
- You will meet with your advisors one-on-one and as a small group either on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday (this corresponds with your Doctoring 1 day).
- If you are not scheduled for your group advising meeting from 4:30 – 5 pm because your group has already met or will meet on a different day, we invite you to take campus tours with Student Admissions Ambassadors. The sign-up link is included in the schedule.
Your Orientation activities will be hosted in the BU Medical Campus Instructional Building (72 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118).
- Hiebert Lounge is on the 14th floor
- Keefer Auditorium is on the first floor of the Evans Building, down the hallway to the right of the lobby
- The A Building is located down the hallway to the left of the lobby
- Talbot Green is what we call the quad in front of the Instructional Building
You’ll be receiving an email from SCOMSA later this week outlining the various social events taking place during the week and weekend. Keep checking your BU inboxes!
As a reminder, masks are required indoors at Boston University, so you will need to remain masked during your indoor Orientation sessions.
White Coat Dress Code
The White Coat Ceremony is a serious event, so please come dressed in business casual attire.