Collaborative Student Assessment System
* If a clerkship director is informed of a student’s difficulty beforehand and is the assessor of the student during the clerkship, there has to be at least 4 other assessors of that student in the block.
Purpose of this System:
- The collaborative assessment system is designed to create an awareness around students at risk of academic difficulty.
- Due to the current design of the curriculum, students may move from one experience to another facing educational challenges that are unknown to course leadership.
- These challenges may be able to be addressed with early resources if identified.
- Prior to this system, only certain courses and students were identified.
- We hope that with the expanded communication between course directors, SAO, MEO and clerkships, students, even those who don’t self-identify, will be identified and assisted with specific knowledge and skills.
Approved by the Medical Education Committee (MEC) on March 10, 2016.
Updates approved by the MEC on December 21, 2017.