Collaborative Student Assessment System
* If a clerkship director is informed of a student’s difficulty beforehand and is the assessor of the student during the clerkship, there has to be at least 4 other assessors of that student in the block.
Purpose of this System:
- The collaborative assessment system is designed to create an awareness around students at risk of academic difficulty.
- Due to the current design of the curriculum, students may move from one experience to another facing educational challenges that are unknown to course leadership.
- These challenges may be able to be addressed with early resources if identified.
- We hope that with the expanded communication between course directors, SAO, MEO and clerkships, students, even those who don’t self-identify, will be identified and assisted with specific knowledge and skills.
- Students will be suggested for referral by the Student Early Intervention Committee
Approved by the Medical Education Committee (MEC) on March 10, 2016.
Updates approved by the MEC on December 21, 2017 and August 6, 2021.