BUSM has received more than $39 million in grant funding during the first quarter of FY18. New awards and renewals with more than $1 million in total anticipated costs over the life of the award include:
(*=award not yet included in Q1 will be reflected in Q2):
- $13,737,182 renewal* from the National Cancer Institute to Lynn Rosenberg, ScD, Slone Epidemiology Center, for the Black Women’s Health Study.
- $5,439,500 renewal from the National Institute on aging to Neil Kowall, MD, Neurology, for the BU Alzheimer’s Disease Center.
- $4,071,754 from the National Institute on Aging to Ann McKee, MD, Neurology and the BU Alzheimer’s and CTE Centers, for “Tau Pathology in CTE vs. Alzheimer’s Disease: Microvasculopathy and Neuroinflammation.”
- $2,553,328 from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to Kenneth Walsh, PhD, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, for “Somatic TET2 Mutations in Cardiac Remodeling.”
- $2,353,896 from the National Institute on Aging to Lindsay Farrer, PhD, Medicine-(Biomedical Genetics), for “Genomic and Biological Studies of APOE E2 in Alzheimer’s Disease.”
- $2,306,904 from the National Institute of Child Health & Human Development to Deborah Anderson, PhD, ObGyn, for “Project Three: Assessing Effects of Anti-CD52g Mabs on STD Pathogens in Semen.”
- $2,039,959 from the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases to David Felson, MD, MPH, Medicine (Clinical Epidemiological Research and Training), for “Fats, Fiber and Osteoarthritis.”
- $1,849,823 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse, to Valentia Sabino, PhD, Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics, for “Involvement of Neuropeptide Systems in Excessive Alcohol Drinking.”
- $1,654,011 from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to Jason Rock, PhD, Center for Regenerative Medicine, for “Mechanisms of Adult Lung Alveologenesis.”
- $1,648,959 renewal* from the National Eye Institute to Haiyan Gong, MD, PhD, Ophthalmology, for “Cellular Physiology of the Aqueous Outflow Pathway.
- $1,648,750 renewal* from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to Lee Quinton, PhD, Pulmonary Center, for “Inducible Epithelial Resilience during Pneumonia.”
- $1,833,458 renewal* from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences to Olga Gursky, PhD, Physiology & Biophysics, for “Apolipoprotein Conformation in Amyloid and Cardiovascular Diseases.”
- $1,612,736 renewal* from the National Eye Institute to Carter Cornwall, PhD, Physiology & Biophysics, for “Spectral and Metabolic Basis of Visual Responses.”
- $1,602,500 from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences to Christopher Connor, MD, PhD, Physiology & Biophysics, for “Pan-neuronal Functional Imaging and Anesthesia in C.elegans.”
- $1,428,234 from the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse to Huiping Zhang, PhD, Psychiatry, Biomedical Genetics, for “Brain MicroRNA-mRNA Regulatory Networks and Alcohol Use Disorders.”
- $1,303,518 from the National Institute of Mental Health to Jaimie Gradus, DSc, MPH, Psychiatry VA Boston, for “ Characterizing Trauma Outcomes: From Pre-Trauma Risk to Post-Trauma Sequelae”
- $1,216,960 from the National Cancer Institute to Joseph Zaia, PhD, Center for Biomedical Mass Spectrometry, for “An Open-Source Software Suite for Processing Glycomics and Glycoproteomics Mass Spectral Data.”
- $1,168,792 from the National Cancer Institute to William Johnson, PhD, Medicine-Computational Biomedicine, for “An Interactive Analysis Toolkit for Single Cell RNA-seq in Cancer Research.”