The Office of Academic Affairs has announced a search for a new Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs (Affiliate Relations)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing new clinical affiliates and further improving existing clinical sites.
- Cultivating affiliate relationships to meet the educational needs of MD students.
- Managing partnerships with leadership and clerkship directors at affiliates, working closely with affiliate assistant deans.
- Becoming expert on LCME requirements for clinical affiliations and regional campuses.
- Providing faculty professional development and overseeing online faculty development programs for affiliate faculty.
- Overseeing and coordinating student housing at affiliate sites.
- Primary responsibility for the Kaiser branch campus, including:
- faculty development programs,
- supervision of site preceptors,
- admissions to the Kaiser program, and
- coordination with
- the Office of Student Affairs for student support services, including housing;
- Student Financial Services;
- affiliate assistant deans.
Candidates must have:
- an MD or PhD;
- administrative, managerial, and leadership experience as a clerkship director, residency director, or clinic director;
- experience teaching students and mentoring faculty members; and
- the ability to travel to manage branch campus and affiliate sites.
To apply, send a cover letter and CV to Rebecca Halley by Tuesday, Sept. 12.