Current Event Guidelines
Guidelines for Fall Indoor/Outdoor Catering Events as of 8/19/21. More information will follow:
Fall Catering & Events recommendations from the medical advisory group
- Venues/Capacities: Attempt to limit the number of invitees/attendees and use the largest space available. Plan outdoor events whenever possible.
- Masking: Indoor mask mandate requires that masks remain on, except when eating or drinking. Outdoor events, with or without food, do not require mask-wearing.
- Registration process: If a student-only event requires badging. If faculty/staff event, show daily symptom attestation green “cleared” email.
- Attendees from outside the University: If an event includes attendees from outside the university, we encourage vaccination and that they provide an acknowledgment that they are symptom-free. A guest list would help facilitate contact tracing for Healthway (should include name, phone number, and address).
- Meal service:
- Buffet—have ample hand sanitizers and plating provided by a food service staff member as opposed to individuals leaning over food and touching utensils. o Reception-style (including passed, individually portioned items) should not use common serving tools.
- Served (plated salads, entrees, and/or desserts, hand-served by staff to individual diners) – space out dining seating as much as possible
- Alcohol served via bartender – no restrictions o If the event has multiple activities (lecture, socializing, dining), we recommend a dedicated space for food/beverage consumption if possible, to avoid masks being removed for the duration of the event.
Return to campus changes as of July 1:
- BUMC instructional space has returned to pre-COVID capacities.
- Masking remains a requirement indoors for faculty, students and staff.
- No food or beverages are permitted except in Food Designated areas: Where to Eat on the Medical Campus
We hope the following links below related to using and requesting space are helpful.