Women’s Health Unit, Publications 2010
1. Kronman AC, Freund KM, Hanchate A, Emanuel EJ, Ash AS. Nursing Home Residence Confounds Gender Differences in Medicare Utilization An Example of Simpson’s Paradox. Women’s Health Issues. 2010 Feb 9
2. Perna, F.M., Craft, L., Freund, K.M., Skrinar, G., Stone, M., Kachnic, L., Youren, C., & Battaglia, T (2010). The effect of a cognitive behavioral exercise intervention on clinical depression in a multi-ethnic sample of women with breast cancer. International Journal of Exercise and Sport Psychology, 8(1), 36-47.
3. Parker VA, Clark JA, Leyson J, Calhoun E, Carroll JK, Freund KM, Battaglia TA. Patient Navigation: Development of a Protocol for Describing What Navigators Do. Health Serv Res. 2010 Jan 27
4. Battaglia TA, Santana MC, Bak S, Gokhale M, Lash TL, Ash AS, Kalish R, Tringale S, Taylor JO, Freund KM. Predictors of timely follow-up after abnormal cancer screening among women seeking care at urban community health centers. Cancer 2010 Feb 15;116(4):913-21.
5. Dookeran NM, Battaglia T, Cochran J, Geltman PL. Chronic disease and its risk factors among refugees and asylees in Massachusetts, 2001-2005. Prev Chronic Dis 2010 May;7(3):A51. Epub 2010 May 15.
6. Phillips CE, Rothstein JD, Beaver K, Sherman BJ, Freund KM, Battaglia TA. Patient Navigation to Increase Mammography Screening Among Inner City Women. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Oct 8( in press)
7. Dupuis EA, White HF, Newman D, Sobieraj JE, Gokhale M, Freund KM. Tracking abnormal cervical cancer screening: evaluation of an EMR-based intervention. J Gen Intern Med. 2010 Jun;25(6):575-80. PMID: 20204536.
8. Garcia FA, Freund KM, Berlin M, Digre KB, Dudley DJ, Fife RS, Gabeau G, Geller SE, Magnus JH, Trott JA, White HF. Progress and priorities in the health of women and girls: a decade of advances and challenges. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010 Apr;19(4):671-80. PMID: 20201706.
9. Jean-Pierre P, Fiscella K, Freund KM, Clark J, Darnell J, Holden A, Post D, Patierno SR, Winters PC; the Patient Navigation Research Program Group. Structural and reliability analysis of a patient satisfaction with cancer-related care measure: a Multisite patient navigation research program study. Cancer. 2010