Boston Medical Center’s heart and soul are grounded in the mission to serve a diverse patient population. This mission and the diversity of patients and staff greatly enrich the institution.
Having a diverse staff offers an opportunity to create a blend of unique, cross-cultural, patient-centered care. Respect for, and awareness of the bidirectional nature of cross-cultural interactions can establish safe spaces for communication and understanding. Embracing diversity and inclusion provides opportunities for faculty, staff and students to function at the highest level clinically, academically and throughout life. It can be a role model for patients and the community as well.
Each member of the staff has a unique vantage point to offer when interpreting clinical and non-clinical situations. The goal at BMC is to be a home for all, acknowledging and celebrating differences in ethnicity, race, gender, religion and sexual orientation.
- Minority Physician Recruitment – a description of BMC Minority Recruitment program.
- BUSM Office of Multicultural Affairs – The website of the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs where you can find information regarding the activities of the Office, recent accomplishments, biographical sketches of faculty, media, including videos and photographs, and a variety of useful resources.
- BU Disability Services – BU Disability Services along with resources at and outside of BU.
- BU Equal Opportunity Office – Describes BU Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies as well as BU resources.
- BUSM Department of Medicine, Faculty Development and Diversity – Scientific literature on diversity, immigration information, resources for LGBT faculty, resources for underrepresented minorities, resources for women and extensive web resources.
- CityLab – Describes a community outreach program to minority and urban middle and high school students to expose them in biotechnology with the goal of fostering careers in biotech.