Emergency Ride Home
Emergency Ride Home (ERH) is designed to rescue commuters who are worried about how they’ll get home when an emergency arises. ERH ensures that commuters who participate in at least one of our green commute programs (Carpool, MBTA employee payroll deduction, Bike cage access) will never be stuck at work should an emergency arise. Your carpool partner needs to stay late? Your child is sick and needs to be picked up at school? No problem! TranSComm has you covered. Knowing there’s an emergency ride home allows one to use commuting options like transit and carpools with peace of mind and confidence.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for the ERH program you must use one of the following alternative commute modes at least three times a week, and you MUST use an alternate commute mode on the day you request a ride home.
Alternate commute modes are:
- Ridesharing (carpools & vanpools)
- MBTA public transit (bus, subway, commuter rail & boat)
You MUST be currently enrolled in one of TranSComm’s green programs. Such as carpooling, bike cage access, MBTA payroll deduction, etc. Use of the program is permitted when there is no public transit within 30 minutes of when you need to leave.
How does the program work?
- Eligible employees must pre-register for the program.
- When an emergency arises, request a ride from Uber, Lyft, or any ridesharing app or cab company you wish.
- Screenshot receipt on your smart phone or request your receipt upon completion of trip. (Please note: TranSComm does not reimburse for tip. Tip will be at the users expense.)
- Submit a Confirmation report – completion of your ride and email receipt to email@example.com.
- TranSComm will review your case and contact you if reimbursement is approved.
- TranSComm will pay for the ERH ride when used in accordance with the approved TranSComm TMA ERH policy. If the employee does not use the service in accordance with the TranSComm TMA ERH policy, the user will not be reimbursed for their ride.
- Participants in the ERH Program may obtain a ride one time per month up to six times per year, up to a $50 value each ride.
Qualified usage of the program:
- Unscheduled overtime
- Emergency for yourself or someone you care for and you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
- Illness for yourself or someone you care for and you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
- For cyclists, your bike is damaged on you way to work and public transit is not available within 30 minutes of when you need to travel home, hospital, etc.
- Stranded at work due to carpool or vanpool emergency
You may not use the program in the event of:
- Travel from home to work
- Inclement weather or city/state/national emergencies
- MBTA service failure
- For a ride home following out of work time celebrations
- Scheduled meetings, scheduled overtime, or events taking place after normal business hours
- Building evacuations
All rules are subject to change. This program is for emergencies only when there are no other transportation options.
Questions? Please contact TranSComm at 617-358-3506