BUMC MBTA Parking Benefit Instructions
Save money by avoiding taxes each month on your work-related parking costs at MBTA transit stations.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2018, regular Boston University Medical Campus employees who order a MBTA pass through BUMC are eligible to set aside pre-tax dollars from their paycheck to pay for their work-related parking costs at MBTA transit stations (up to $260.00 per month).
Enroll and manage the amount you wish to contribute through the Campus Services section within the Employee Self Service tab of BUworks. Simply click “Apply/Manage MBTA Pass and MBTA Parking Benefits” from the appropriate campus services section and designate your monthly parking cost up to a maximum of $260.00 per month. (Weekly paid employees will pay a prorated weekly amount during the first four weeks of every month.) You may change the amount of your contribution at any time.
The money you elect to be withheld pre-tax will be credited to an account in your name to be used to pay for your work-related parking expenses at transit stations.
How to Use Money in My Pre-Tax Transit Account
- P&A Group administers the program and will provide you with a Debit Card that can be used to pay for your Transit Station parking expenses right at the point of service. When you incur a work-related parking expense at a Transit Station, simply swipe your Benefits Card at the point of service and the funds will automatically be deducted from your pre-tax Parking Account.
- If you are currently enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) through P&A Group, you will use the same Benefits Card you have already been issued for FSA purchases. Parking and FSA purchases made with this card will be drawn from separate accounts.
- Any unused balance remaining in your Transit Parking account at the end of the calendar year will roll over to the next year. This is not a use-it-or-lose-it account like the FSA.
Register Online with P&A Group
You can register to set up an online account with P&A Group. Among other things, registering will allow you to submit your claims online and use the website to check account balances and the status of claims.
- Go to the P&A Group website and select the tab for Employee Participants.
- At the bottom of the page, within “My Benefits Account Login”, click on “First time logging in? Sign up here”.
- When prompted to enter your Social Security Number, you should provide your University ID# instead, and then follow the instructions to set up your account and your preferences.
Manual Parking Claims
If you are unable to use your Benefits Card for payment, choose from one of the three easy options below to receive reimbursement for your parking expenses.
1. QuikClaim: Instantly submit claims and receipts directly from your smartphone. Log into your account at www.padmin.com from your mobile device by selecting Account Login and following the prompts on your screen.
2. Electronic Claim Upload: Instantly submit claims and receipts directly from your smartphone. Log into your account at www.padmin.com from your mobile device by selecting Account Login and following the prompts on your screen.
3. Fax or Mail a Paper Claim: Claim forms are available when you log into your account at www.padmin.com. Complete a claim form and fax or mail it to P&A Group.FAX: (877) 855-7105
- P&A Group
17 Court St., Suite 500
Buffalo, NY 14202
Reimbursement of Manual Parking Claims
Typically, you will be reimbursed 3-5 business days after P&A receives the claim as long as there are funds available in the account. You will be reimbursed by check, but you also have the option to sign-up for direct deposit reimbursement. Direct deposit is recommended; it provides faster reimbursement time, and the opportunity to go green and use less paper! To enroll in direct deposit, log into your P&A Account and select Direct Deposit under the Quick Links menu.
Customer Service for Manual Parking Claims
Call (800) 688-2611 to speak with a representative or use P&A Group’s online webchat at www.padmin.com (click the live chat button in the upper right hand corner). Customer service hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. (EST)