BUMC Student Discounted MBTA Pass – CLOSED
BUMC Student Semester Passes
BUMC students (full-time and part-time) may sign up for the MBTA semester pass program and save 11 percent. There is a Fall Semester pass for September-December and a Spring Semester pass for February-May. Summer discounted passes are NOT available.
- Fill out the application form below and bring it to the TranSComm Office (710 Albany St.) with payment (credit/debit, check, or money order).
- Mail application with payment (check or money order) to TranSComm, 710 Albany St., Boston, MA 02118.
**If your bus or link pass is lost or damaged, contact us and we can order you a replacement pass at no extra cost. Unfortunately, the MBTA will not issue replacement passes for lost Zone or Boat passes.**
- CharlieCards issued for the Semester Pass program are only valid for the time period specified.
- DO NOT add a monthly pass or fare value to your CharlieCard as the card will expire when the program ends.
- Fall Semester Pass CharlieCards expire on December 31 and Spring Semester Pass CharlieCards expire on May 31.
How do I pick up my Semester Pass?
CharlieCards must be picked up towards the end of each preceding month. CharlieCards will be available for monthly pickup at TranSComm at 710 Albany St.
Is the Student Semester Pass right for me?
This will depend on how often you use MBTA buses and trains. If you live in a location where you can use the free BU Shuttle, you may not want to purchase a semester pass.
From a cost-benefit perspective, you may consider getting a CharlieCard through the MBTA; load it with a cash balance to pay for fares if they will be infrequent. If you believe you will be using MBTA services daily, then the Semester Pass program is probably right for you. The Semester Pass program offers an 11 percent discount off of the regular monthly “T” pass price.
Bus and link passes are valid for the entire four month block and can be replaced if lost. Zone passes must be picked up monthly and cannot be replaced if lost.
If you are uncertain of which pass is best for you, more information is available ONLINE or this BREAKDOWN LIST. You can also reach the TranSComm office by phone 617-358-3506 or email email@example.com.