Boston University Medical Campus Employees
A 35-50% subsidy for monthly MBTA passes ordered through Boston University is now available to all regular faculty and staff! Please read the rules and regulations below. For the list of monthly MBTA pass types and costs please visit Cost per month with subsidy effective 9.1.2016. To enroll in the program or manage your existing order, please log on to BUworks. Once logged in, click on the Employee Self-Service tab, then visit the Campus Service Section and click the appropriate action within the Medical Campus Parking and Transportation Services section.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- To participate, you must be a regular BUMC faculty or staff member and order your monthly MBTA pass through Boston University.
- You may only purchase a monthly MBTA pass through Boston University for your personal use.
- You MAY NOT simultaneously hold a University-provided parking permit and University-provided MBTA pass.
- Eligible employees will received a subsidized monthly MBTA pass as follows:
- 35% subsidy for Local Bus, Inner and Outer Express Bus, Subway (LinkPass), Commuter Rail Zone 1A and Senior passes
- 50% subsidy for Boat and Commuter Rail Zone 1-10 (excluding 1A) passes
- The remaining cost of the monthly pass will be pre-tax payroll deducted (up to a combined total of $255); any amount above that will be deducted after tax.
- Payroll deduction will be made the month prior to issuance of the MBTA pass.
- For all employees paid WEEKLY, you must apply/change/cancel your MBTA pass SIX WEEKS prior to the preferred month. Example: To cancel your May pass, you must cancel in mid-March.
- For all MONTHLY paid employees, you must apply/change/cancel your MBTA pass before the 10th of the previous month. Example: For May, you must apply by April 10th.
- PASSES ARE READY FOR PICK-UP THE LAST TWO BUSINESS DAYS OF EACH MONTH.