BUMC Employees Subsidized MBTA Pass Program
A 35-50 percent subsidy for monthly MBTA passes ordered through Boston University is available to all regular faculty and staff!
- 35% subsidy for Local Bus, Inner and Outer Express Bus, Subway (LinkPass), and Commuter Rail Zone 1A
- 50% subsidy for Boat and Commuter Rail Zones 1-10 (except 1A)
To enroll in the program or manage your existing order, follow these steps.
- Log into www.bu.edu/buworks
- Click on Employee Self-Service
- Click on Campus Services
- Click the appropriate action within the Medical Campus Parking and Transportation Services section.
Please note: The deadline to enroll, cancel, or change MBTA passes is the 10th of the prior month.
- For example, if you would like to perform any of these actions above effective for January the deadline would be by December 10th.
**Any terminated employees or employees who transfer between BU campuses (BU MED and CRC campus), will need to cancel their MBTA pass accordingly prior to the 10th of the month and accordingly per campus. Transferred employees will need to re-enroll for the transfer campus, by the 10th of the prior month to be effective for the next month.**
Rules & Regulations
- To participate, you must be a regular BUMC faculty or staff member and order your monthly MBTA pass through Boston University.
- You may only purchase a monthly MBTA pass through Boston University for your personal use.
- You MAY NOT simultaneously hold a University-provided parking permit and University-provided MBTA pass.
- Eligible employees will receive a subsidized monthly MBTA pass as follows:
- 35 percent subsidy for Local Bus, Inner and Outer Express Bus, Subway (LinkPass), Commuter Rail Zone 1A and Senior passes
- 50 percent subsidy for Boat and Commuter Rail Zone 1-10 (excluding 1A) passes
- The remaining cost of the monthly pass will be pre-tax payroll deducted (up to a combined total of $265); any amount above that will be deducted after tax.
- Payroll deduction will be made the month prior to issuance of the MBTA pass.
- For all employees: You must enroll/change/cancel your MBTA pass before the 10th of the previous month. Example: For January, you must apply by December 10th.
- PASSES ARE READY FOR PICK-UP STARTING ON THE LAST TWO BUSINESS DAYS OF EACH MONTH. We will hold onto all MBTA passes until it is picked up.