It is with great pleasure that TranSComm announces the arrival of two Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations! Each station is able to charge two cars.
The two stations are open and ready for business!
We are grateful to the City of Boston, the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources and the federal government for this generous grant. The installation of these Electric Vehicle Charging Stations is an important step in BMC/BUMC’s shared goal of all things green.
The EV stations are located on the street level of the 710 Albany Street garage located at the corner of Albany Street, and East Concord streets. EV owners from the neighborhood must pay hourly parking rates to access the 710 Albany garage, but the charging is free. We ask that all users adhere to the four-hour charging limit in order to make this service available to all.
For BUMC/BMC employees /students
In order to make this service easily accessible and available to all, please note the following:
- The EV stations are located on the street level of the 710 Albany Street garage.
- Medical Campus parkers may charge their vehicles for free for four hours maximum. Vehicle owners interested in using the charging stations must register at the TranSComm office located at 710 Albany Street (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m)
- When registering: Drivers who do not usually park in the 710 garage will need to activate their ID to enter the 710 garage for charging purposes. Charging activation instructions will be provided.
- Drivers must move their cars to their original parking site after four hours of free charging in the 710 garage.
- Drivers who pay for parking in the 710 garage must move their car to another spot in the garage as others are waiting to charge their vehicles.
- Non-BUMC parkers must need to pay hourly parking rates for entry to the 710 Albany Street garage, but the charging is free
- Garage ID access records will be checked frequently, if electric vehicle owners are found to be abusing this system, they will lose charging privileges.
Be our guest and rev up your EV!
Please fill out the Electric-vehicle-application-2012 form.
Questions? Call TranSComm at 617-638-7473