It is with great pleasure that TranSComm is able to acquire 4 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations for the BMC/BUMC community.
EV users may take advantage of electricity from four of our 240V charging plugs and two 120V chargers if users bring their own cords for 25-cents for four hours maximum. A total of 6 parking spots are available.
The cost of charging will be charged to a driver’s ChargePoint card. Make sure it has been set-up to use at “for pay” charging stations. To do this, you need to log in to your personal ChargePoint driver account and provide your credit card details. If you do not have a ChargePoint card, you can get one at www.chargepoint.com or by calling 888-758-4389.
The EV stations are located on the street level of the 710 Albany Street garage located at the corner of Albany and East Concord street. The charging stations are not restricted to the BUMC/BMC community as EV owners from the neighborhood may also take advantage of our green machines if they pay hourly parking in order to gain access to the 710 Albany parking garage. We ask that all users adhere to the four-hour charging limit in order to make this service available to all.
BUMC/BMC Employees/Students/Public Users
In order to make this service easily accessible and available to all, please note the following:
– Employees may charge their vehicles for four hours maximum. Charging costs 25-cents per hour. Vehicle owners interested in using the charging stations must register at the TranSComm office located at 710 Albany Street (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m).
– When registering: Drivers who do not regularly park in the 710 garage will need to activate their ID to enter the 710 garage for charging purposes. Please visit the TranSComm office if you are a BUMC/BMC employee or student and do not have access to the 710 garage.
– Drivers must move their cars to their original parking site after four hours of charging in the 710 garage.
– Drivers who pay for parking in the 710 garage must move their car to another spot in the garage as others are waiting to charge their vehicles.
– Non-BUMC parkers must pay hourly parking rates for entry to the 710 Albany Street garage. Please check with the parking office for rates.
– Garage ID access records will be checked frequently. If electric vehicle owners are found to be abusing this system, they will lose charging privileges.
So, be our guest and rev up your EV!
Please fill out the Electric vehicle application form to register.
Questions? Call TranSComm at 617-638-7473.