Carpool, Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Charging
The Carpool & Hybrid Program is ONLY for the 610 Albany St. Garage.
On the first level of the 610 Albany St. Garage, there are designated parking spaces available for carpool and hybrid cars. Carpooling saves time and money and helps relieve traffic congestion and improve air quality! Two or more persons commuting together can register for a carpool sticker. Hybrid car’s owners may also register for a hybrid sticker.
- Only those cars with a carpool hanger or hybrid sticker will be allowed to park in the designated spaces.
- All cars without a carpool hanger or hybrid sticker that park in the designated spaces before 11:00 AM will be towed.
- Evening non-carpool/hybrid parkers must be out of carpool parking spaces by 6:00 AM.
At the TranSComm/Parking Office 710 Albany Street, Street level.
- Complete the Carpool or Hybrid Registration, which can also be found on the right hand side under ‘Forms’.
- Each member of the carpool must sign the BUMC Carpool Registration and bring it to the TranSComm/ Parking Office to obtain your carpool/hybrid sticker.
- The principal driver is responsible for ensuring that parking fees are paid, either through payroll deduction or by prepayment.
- The participants will place the carpool rear view mirror hanger when entering the garage.
Please call the TranSComm Office at 617 638-7473 if you have any questions.
Electric Vehicle Charging
We are proud to have electric vehicle charging stations on the first floor of the 710 Albany Street garage. The charging stations, manufactured by Coulomb Technologies and installed by Voltrek, are part of the vast Charge Point Network which allows users to find and reserve charging stations using a mobile application almost anywhere in the nation.
Have an electric vehicle and want to charge it? Click here for more information.
- MassRIDES Vanpool Routes
- Massachusetts Park and Ride Locations
- Massachusetts Turnpike Authority FAST LANE Carpool Program: Carpools of 3 or more people are eligible to receive a discounted carpool transponder for use on the MassPike and the Sumner/Ted Williams Tunnels.
- General Carpool and Vanpool Information from MassRIDES
- Rules of EV Etiquette
Working or studying late and need an escort back to the garage? Call the Public Safety Office for an Escort!