Biking to BMC/BUMC
Biking to BMC/BUMC is very easy as many of the neighboring streets have bike lanes & there is plenty of bike parking in the neighborhood.
Around the BMC/BUMC area, there are many bike racks and three secured bike cages for all members of the medical community to use. The racks, which are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, are not reserved but are on a “first-come/ first-served” basis. The cages are sheltered from the weather and can be accessed by your ID badge. The annual fee for the bike cages is $20. The map below shows the exact locations of the bike cages & racks.
If you are interested in applying for bike cage access, please click here.
Don’t have a bike? Sign up for the discounted Hubway membership!
ALERT: New 710 Bike Cage Will Open on 7/14/14.
BMC has begun construction work on a new bike cage that will be located behind the 710 Albany St. parking garage. The new bike cage will house all bikes that currently “park” in the Menino Pavilion bike cage. The construction work is anticipated to last 6-8 weeks and will open on July 7th. All cyclists who house their bikes in the Menino Pavilion bike cage have continually been informed of the move.
When the 710 Albany St. bike cage opens, the Menino Pavilion bike cage will close. It will undergo construction to become the future home of BMC’s gift shop.
BMC East Newton St. Campus, Menino Pavilion & 710 Albany St Garage
- East Newton St. at the Atrium Pavilion near the Dental School, “under” the Medical Center cafeteria.
- Menino Pavilion is on Harrison Ave. The cage is in front of the Menino Pavilion and the ACC building. THIS CAGE WILL BE REMOVED July 28, 2014.
- Behind the 710 Albany St Garage. THIS CAGE WILL BE OPEN JULY 14, 2014.
Watch the video below to understand how to park your bike at the 710 Albany St Garage Bike Cage:
610 & 710 Albany Street Garages:
- These racks are sheltered from the weather
- On-site attendant
BMC Menino Pavilion
- Albany St. outside the Emergency Entrance
Boston University Medical Campus
- East Concord St. in front of the Medical School
- East Concord St. close to the Talbot building
Have a Hubway membership? Click here to see where the stations are on campus.
For more information on Hubway and the BUMC and BMC discount, click here.
Bike Week 2014 was a huge success! Team BUMC finished first in the MassCommute Bicycle Challenge. Click here to read more about Bike Week 2014.