National Conference Funding
Please fill out and submit the national funding form below before your event, 3 days prior to SCOMSA meetings (SCOMSA meeting schedule). The following groups are approved for national funding:
- Asian American Medical Association
- Association of Latino Medical Students
- American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Association/Massachusetts Medical Society
- Medical Students for Choice
- Medical Gay and Lesbian Organization (MedGLO)
- Maimonides Society
- AAMC-Organization of Student Representatives
- Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
- South Asian Medical Students Association
- Student National Medical Association
Instructions for National Funding:
- Please submit all forms at least 3 days prior to the SCOMSA meeting before the conference.
- Two applications are allowed per academic year, starting June 1.
- SCOMSA does NOT cover registration fees.
- Please fill out 1 request form per conference. Apply for the total amount of funding you would like to receive (up to $1500). Keep in mind that each person will be reimbursed up to $300.
- Please submit the following to Liz Gallagher 30 days after your trip, one reimbursement form per student:
- If you are sharing hotel rooms, only the student whose name is on the reservation will be reimbursed.
- Flights will only be reimbursed TO and FROM Boston. Students are not allowed to make pit stops or use funding to visit friends or family.