National Conference Funding
Please fill out and submit the national funding form below before your event, 3 days prior to SCOMSA meetings (SCOMSA meeting schedule). The following groups are approved for national funding:
- Asian American Medical Association
- Association of Latino Medical Students
- American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Association/Massachusetts Medical Society
- Medical Students for Choice
- Medical Gay and Lesbian Organization (MedGLO)
- Maimonides Society
- AAMC-Organization of Student Representatives
- Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG)
- South Asian Medical Students Association
- Student National Medical Association
- Physicians for Human Rights
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association
Instructions for National Funding:
- Please submit all forms at least 3 days prior to the SCOMSA meeting before the conference.
- Two applications are allowed per academic year, starting June 1.
- SCOMSA does NOT cover registration fees.
- Please fill out 1 request form per conference. Apply for the total amount of funding you would like to receive (up to $1500). Keep in mind that each person will be reimbursed up to $300.
- Please submit the following to Liz Gallagher 30 days after your trip, one reimbursement form per student:
- If you are sharing hotel rooms, only the student whose name is on the reservation will be reimbursed.
- Flights will only be reimbursed TO and FROM Boston. Students are not allowed to make pit stops or use funding to visit friends or family.
*Please remember that whenever you submit a request for funding, you should always get a confirmation email from the SCOMSA email account, stating the meeting at which we will vote on your request (this email is in addition to the automated copy of your request form that you should also receive following submission). If you do not receive the confirmation email, please email us at email@example.com.